Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November 26, 2012 - Family Email

Hello everyone?!

Homemade by Cody made from a drip pan from the bottom of the stove
So I am so bad!!  I totally left my camera home!  I left the door running this morning because we have a lot of stuff to do and I didn´t grab my camera cord!!! I am so sorry.  I promise that I have some really good pictures from Thanksgiving and Granada.  So yes we totally pulled off Thanksgiving dinner and ya boy Elder Hafen made homemade stuffing.  I have pictures no worries.  The Estrada and Banbury pulled off the turkey as well, but Elder Banbury did all of it.  Haha he had to gut the turkey and I saw the video it was awful haha.  We had a happy Thanksgiving.  My district is by far the coolest district in the mission. 

So about the areas of visitation.  If you could some how make it so that we are here in Jaén on like Saturday afternoon that would be a miracle.  One of the kids in the ward is going to get baptized by his older brother and I would love to be there for it.  I would really like to come to Jaén because all the people here are unreal and I love all of them.  As far visiting Granada I mean it´s pretty and all but there isn´t anything that you can´t see in Sevilla.  The place we went to is unique but it´s really repetitive and cost a lot of money to enter.  I would of course want to go to Sevilla and Cáceres.  There is a place an hour from Cáceres that has a gladiator ring and that would be cool to see.  I actually heard they filmed Gladiator the movie there, maybe.  And of course Madrid is a must and the temple.  So that is my requests I suppose.  I would still love to be in Cáceres for church, that would be nice.  I am going to be weird I know it.  When I hear people speak English here I like run and hide because I don´t know how to greet them ha.

His district having their Thanksgiving Dinner

So I will know if I leave at the end of this week, so next week I will tell ya´ll whether I am going or staying.  I am almost sure that I am getting transferred, so sorry for the delay!

This week was a really good week.  The less active family with the kids we didn´t get to visit again.  They are being difficult but that is alright.  Jorge is doing great.  We taught him two times this last week and he accepted the baptismal invite.  We haven´t set a date yet but we are getting there.  We taught him this last Saturday with a lady his same age from Ecuador.  It was a really good message and Jorge really is progressing.  We also met two of his roommates and they are both from Mexico too.  We ended up teaching them a little bit as well and I know that one of them will really progress.  They are nice guys and they will get baptized!  I have faith that they will.  I may not be here but I will try my hardest to prepare them for the next missionary.  Also we met a new lady that was listening to the missionaries about a year ago.  She seems like she could really progress and has a lot of really good questions.  Her name is Rosa and she is from Ecuador.  Really good and nice lady and I like teaching her, she is fun and really easy to teach.  She has so many doubts and it´s easy to show her with scriptures and she sits there speechless.  We of course don´t try and teach her with signs but with the Holy Ghost.  She will progress and we taught her with our ward missionary Sara.  She is from Mexico and her brother is the one that is getting baptized on the Saturday that you all will be here.  So that is why I want to be here in Jaén.  I love this Mexican family.  The family from Paraguay was sick this last week so we are going to try and teach them this week.  They told a guy that comes to English class that they love it and they will for sure come back.  Also the girl didn´t come to English class either but she said she will come back so hopefully she will come this week.  Other than that everything is normal but we did find 3 new people that can progress.   The Lord really did bless us this last week and I could feel and see the fruit of our labors.  Oh yeah I told ya´ll that Elder Peterson and Manning are the AP´s!  Yeah they are teaching my less active lady from Sevilla.  She wants to meet all of you too.  Maybe we could say hi to her while we are in Fuengirola.  I am pretty sure that President Deere is just going to have all the parents come to the mission home to get us.

Well I sure do love you all!!!  Talk to you soon.  I knew you would be going to Texas for Christmas, that´s fun!  


I hope I answered all of you questions Jude.

CODES

No comments:

Post a Comment