Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, November 12, 2012

November 5, 2012 - Family Email

Hey Family how are you??

So Halloween week was pretty good I guess!  Spain doesn´t really celebrate Halloween but 4 girls died in Madrid at a party so they kind of celebrate it a little too hard.  No one here in Jaén dresses up except the members.  We had a really good party and a lot of people came!   So I have included some of the pictures.  We stopped by and said hello and talked to some of the visitors that came.  Only one of them would give me their information to try and teach them. 
Antonio, Ana, and Javier (vampire)


I have some other crazy pictures that you will have to see.  You will be proud of me when you see them!  
So finding this week was good.  We may not have found a lot of new ones but we did get 19 references so that is what is going on.  We have been working a lot with less active members and that is the fruit we are seeing.  José called us back and wanted to change and he came to church and we taught him last night with Rafa, one of my favorite members.  It was an amazing lesson and the spirit was so strong.  After the lesson Rafa gave him a blessing of comfort to help him stop smoking.  It was a great lesson and José hasn´t bought tobacco for 3 days now I think.  He is hardly smoking now so there is a lot of progress going there and maybe he will be able to get baptized this weekend.  Pray for him.  We met a new lady named Magdelena.  She lives out in a small village and it is really hard for her to come to church and her husband doesn´t want her to have anything to do with the church.  She knows it is true because she has been studying the church for like 10 years through a member. 
I'm sorry but that's just gross!
He said he almost threw up...good for you Cody :)


Rafa

We had a really good ward meeting last night and we have plans to work with this family that has two kids that aren´t baptized!  So we are going to work with Rafa and his wife to get into the house with them because the parents literally work more than any person I have ever seen.  The kids came to the Halloween activity but they are just so shy because I think they are just always in the home alone.  So we will work with them.  We did some good finding this week and we worked really hard and things are looking a little better here in Jaén.  We taught a lot of lessons to less actives and some of them are returning back to church.  We had 10 more people in church this week so that is good!

I am doing really well and we are in the last week of the transfer and I could possibly be transferred next week so hold off on the package or letters.  I will know by Thursday or Friday if I leave or not.  Mom maybe you will have to find the CD online!  Sorry!  

Wow that race looked amazing!  I was getting emotional reading about the race.  That is amazing!  There is still good in the world!  Here is a different story!  I had a lot of weird things happen to me this week.  One probably the worst thing that has happened to me on my mission.  I am going to write out the story to Heather and she can read it to you mom.  It is just kinda gross to put on the  blog.  (It involves a guy that was gay that hit on us and sent a text and called us and stuff, bad news!!) Haha but no worries I am safe and nothing bad happened, it just sucks because I am the one that has do all the speaking in weird situations like that so it means that stuff always happens to me!  Well the church is true and I am loving the mission!
I love you mom and Dad.  I prayed really hard for Dad last night about 14 hours ago so that makes me happy that he is feeling better.
Love you family!

CODES

No comments:

Post a Comment