Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, December 10, 2012

December 3, 2011 - Family Email

Hey family how are you????

Good Bye Sebas and Rosana
OKay so I am going to Málaga!!!!  I am so excited to go there because it´s my missions name.  So I will be with Elder Norton, he is a young Elder and I am supposed to go and help him out.  He is a really energetic Elder and will be a good leader soon.  I am going to go and just baptize people there.  I am going to go work my hardest!  So here is my new address:
 
Goya 2,13,3
29002, Málaga (Málaga)
Spain
 
So there is my new address and I will still be the District Leader.  For some reason President likes me teaching all the missionaries. I just tell him I am an old fart but he says that he would prefer me teaching all the missionaries.  He is crazy.  I had a really good interview with him this last week and we talked about my patriarchal blessing because there is a part that kind of scares me and he told me that is most likely what I think.  Oh also I am pretty sure my new companion is from Arizona so that is my third from Arizona, there must be a lot of members there.
On top of a castle Granada
 
Oh by the way Rafa wants you all to write him back in English, he understands a lot of it.  He was in Utah this summer for like a month so he speaks a little English.
 
This is my family.  The girl in white is my daughter Hermana Cano, she is Spanish; and her trainer is Hermana Torres from San Antonio Texas, she is my wife.  Then the other missionary is my son

So this last week was unreal.  We met a guy from Bolivia and he literally just accepted whatever we taught him and I totally convinced him of his Catholic ways.  I didn´t convince him with facts only, it was a really spiritual lesson.  We met with him again and set a baptismal date for the 16th of February.  His name is Jesús.  He wants to teach his family of the stuff he is learning also.  So I know he will get baptized.  Yes we did set a baptismal date with Jorge last night.  He is doing good and really wants to get baptized. He just needs to make more time he says to read and come to church.  We set the date for the 22nd of December.  Rosa we weren´t able to meet with this week but we talked to her.  She is doing good though and is very honest with us.  Jorge´s roommates weren´t in this week, they are going to need help little by little but I think they will get locked in.  Well at least one of them will.  English Class was a little messed up this last week, only the two originals came to class.  I think there was a lot of testing so the girl and the family were caught up studying in the house.

12 lions???

This Sunday was unreal.  It was the most depressing Sunday ever.  So Javier the less active was sustained to be ordained to be Priest and then he shares his testimony and it was so powerful.  I bore my testimony right after him and cried a lot.  After I just sat down and cried for 20 minutes.  I don´t know why I cried but all I know is that I love all the members here in Jaén with all my heart.  I have talked about the Mexican family here, well the son was ordained to be a priest and he asked me to do it after church.  So that was the first for me.  The family is making me a dinner tomorrow night I am stoked.  Today we went and got churros and chocolate today with the branch president, it´s a breakfast thing.  Today at 2 we are going to lunch as well with Sara the Mexican girl.  I just love all the members and I tried my hardest, all I had to do was strengthen the branch and I think that´s why I was crying.  I love the mission, it´s the best.  So I want to be here Saturday afternoon and Sunday for church.  I don´t want it any other way.  We can go to Cáceres right after church.  You can talk to me about coming out, it wont make me trunky.
 
Well that was my week in a nut shell´.  I love you all.  PS I am going to buy a jacket because mine is falling apart.  Merry Christmas!
 
You are the best!
CODES

No comments:

Post a Comment