Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 19, 2012 - Family Email

Elder Pearce was my DL in el Puerto. Elder Card and Pearce go home tomorrow
Hey family,

Well it was a good week and I had a really good p day.  I am in Granada today and we went to a really famous palace and I took a lot of pictures so I will have to send them to you.  I don´t have my cable with me to transfer all of my pictures that I have taken.  Well if you have seen the blog you can see that we already reached our baptismal goal as a mission which is crazy!!  We are going to hit 450 I hope.  So this week for Thanksgivivng I changed the day of district meeting so that it is on Thursday and we are going to have Thanksgiving dinner with all the district which is 10 missionaries.  So I will take some pictures and you will see what we come up with to eat.  We have plans for a turkey, Elder Banbury and Estrada are in charge of the turkey.

So we had Stake Conference this last Sunday and it was great.  Elder Richards of the seventy came and talked and called the new Stake President.  It´s a guy from England actually that has lived here in Spain the last 10 years of his life.  Today we also met some people from Idaho that just got back from serving a mission in Florida, Fort Lauderdale or something like that.  I asked if they new Heathers brother but they didn´t.  
So this last weekend was fun and I got to see a less active member from Sevilla that moved to Málaga and she is still active!  Actually Manning and Peterson are teaching her boyfriend!  Cool, huh?  This last week was great; we got failed a lot and we had to travel a lot but oh well.  This last week we didn´t get a whole lot of time in the area but good news, we started teaching the Mexican guy named Jorge again.  It was a really good little lesson we had with him.  He really wants to meet with us and admires what we do.  So I hope all goes well and we will be able to see progress in him.  He said when he knows that the church is true he would join it.  So we are going to teach him this next Thursday and hope all goes well.  We couldn´t meet with the less active family that has kids that aren´t baptized this last week.  They kind of act like a really busy family but they both aren´t working, and we are never there in their home for more than fifty minutes.  We teach English class and this last week we had a lot of new people came.  Actually a girl I contacted on the street my first hour in Jaén showed up to English class with a guy that always comes.  So we are going to try and teach her, she really likes me and we talked for a long time in the street when we met. So I pray that she will like the gospel, even though she doesn´t really believe in God.  Also a little family from Paraguay came to English class and they really liked me because I have to teach the beginners class because I have to do a lot of the teachings in Spanish.  So they liked me, a mom, her daughter and son came in and I am going to try my hardest to try and teach them. 
So that is what is kind of going on here, I kind of have to run and I love you all!

Is there any way possible to pass through Jaén for a few hours when you all come in??  Let me know, I just want the members to meet my parents.

Love,
Elder CODES

No comments:

Post a Comment