Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 29, 2012 - Family Email

Hello family once again,

Well how are all ya´ll??
Well that is good to here from Damon like that.  He was amazing before his mission and now  I can only imagine that he is unreal.  I really love that kid so much.  I hope that he doesn´t get married before I get home! 
 
So Halloween in Spain well is really not a huge deal.  I mean if I remember last year people dressed up very little and just hung out in bars until 5 in the morning.  I am pretty sure the streets will be really loud because this Thursday is another Holiday and they will all get to sleep in.  The Spanish people always make up Holidays so that they can rest from getting wasted the night before haha it´s kind of sad.  So really, Spain isn´t crazy like Ireland or anything especially here in Jaén it´s just a calm area.  
 
So this week was good but we had a little bit of travelling to do so it kind of slowed us down.  Also when trying to do contacts in the street it doesn´t help that it has been pouring buckets of water all week LONG.  Hey that is  okay we have been trying to work with the less active families and getting references.  We got a new investigator out of one named Tamara.  She is probably around in her early twenties and just says she has a lot of problems in her life and needs help.  We found her in a less active home and so we will see how she goes this week.  We dropped all of our other investigators that won't come to church and we are practically starting from ground zero.  I am pretty sure we will see some new  people this week so keep praying for us please.  I have been getting pretty good at asking references from less actives and so hopefully these people can turn into new investigators.  My companion is doing great and we get along great.  He is a funny kid and will be a great missionary, he already is.  
 
The husband of a new convert, I guess he was hilarious
I went to Granada this last week to do a baptismal interview with Elder Estrada and we also did a split.  That was a lot of fun and we worked really hard.  It felt like we were in Sevilla all over again.  The lady I interviewed is crazy funny but a really good lady.  The picture of the man is her husband that has dentures he was unreal and we had to take a photo with him haha.  Oh so before I forget Elder Estrada asks that you get Toree Colemans email because he wrote her a while ago and he moved and now they lost contact, so could you do that for me?  Thanks.
 
I have been really taking advantage of my study time that I have to read the Book of Mormon and learn as much as possible.  I love study time, it´s one of the best things for me personally to grow and be the person and missionary that I am.  It´s amazing how much I feel the spirit in the studies.  The Book of Mormon really is so true and it is the key to our conversion.   
 
Elder Crawford and Elder Codes
The other picture is of Elder Crawford, he was my Zone Leader in Cáceres.  He is a good buddy of mine. 
 
So I am doing really well and I am learning a lot in the mission.  I love it so much, I just have a hard time explaining it with words because it´s really how it makes me feel that is the change it has had on me.  I owe everything I am to my mission and it has made me converted to living the gospel of Jesus Christ not just knowing it but living it. 
 
We have been working with a less active kid that has been inactive for like 10 years plus and he used to come to church with earrings and normal clothes and now he comes in a suit and tie.  He has pulled out his ear rings with out anyone telling him to, comes to institute and all the meetings on Sunday.  I consider that a miracle.  He is amazing and I want to make him be home teaching companions with us so that he goes and works with us to visit the members. 
 
So these are just some little miracles that are changing my life.  It´s true what Alma said "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." Everyday is a miracle to me in the mission.
 
I love you
COOODES

No comments:

Post a Comment