Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 8, 2012 - Family Email

Rocio and Miguel's Baptisms (October 6, 2012)
Family,

So yes the two baptisms happened and it was a great Little service.  The aunt and uncle came with the family to the baptism and it was really spiritual.  Rocio and Miguel did great in the interview and they really have learned a lot and understand the doctrine.  Elder Estrada came to Jaén with me on Friday to interview the kids.  He is doing great and he tore apart Sevilla in a good way!  He reactivated the Koh´s daughter!!  So in February I am excited to see them.  So the uncle baptized the Miguel and the cousin baptized Rocio.  All of the members were really excited because Pilar is coming to church and Antonio.  I don´t know if I ever explained the connection very well.  So Antonio is the oldest brother, Pilar and Nerea´s mom are the sisters of Antonio.  Antonio has one active sister that lives far away in a city called Jerez(right next to El Puerto).  So the active sister´s husband and son baptized Rocio and Miguel.  The picture with the woman with short blonde hair is Antonio and Ana.  The other picture with the man and woman with long hair is the branch President and his wife.  The one with the woman alone is Pilar the mom.  Hahaha the moment you are waiting for.

Elders Adams and Hafen
Yes I got the BRITT!!  Haha I got the kid that speaks English.  His name is Joshua Adams from Wakefield, England.  He is pretty cool I really like him a lot.  He played basketball for Englands National team so he must be pretty good.  Ha it is amazing to see how much Spanish I have learned over a year and 8 months!  He struggles with the language just like any other missionary.  That is okay there is a lot of room for improvement.  He has a girlfriend that really talks a lot and is a little crazy.  I think she emails him everyday and sends letters everyday.  I hope she calms down a little so that he will be able to concentrate more.  What Heather does is perfect!  I have a perfect girlfriend.

So conference was amazing.  I still need to finish it.  I didn´t get to watch the last half of the priesthood session and the Sunday Afternoon Session.  Ha yes!  Elder Hollands talk brought me to tears, it was one of my favorites for sure but there was one talk that was my favorite.  It was the one by Shayne Bowen, I literally bawled my eyes out I am not even joking.  I couldn´t help but think of Rachel, Heather, Mama Stratton and the whole family.  There were some others talks that I loved as well but I can not think of all of them right now.  I also really liked Elder Cooks talk!!  Did you know that Hermana Clegg was called on the General Relief Society Board??  Cool huh?  Well I am doing great and pray for Elder Petersons mom she has cancer, but Elder Holland gave her a blessing!  I got to see Peterson and Manning this week, I love them so much!!!  Well I am doing well and I am a lot happier and the mind is a lot clearer.  I feel less stressed but at the same time even more stressed because it is a completely new training experience and he has a lot to learn!  I love you so much family!  I hope is well. CTR

All the new missionaries and their Trainers
I love you
CODY

No comments:

Post a Comment