Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, October 8, 2012

October 1, 2012 - Family Email

Paqui, Juan, and Albe's Baptisms
Family,

Hey to answer your question yes  I am staying in Jaén!!  I am excited because I feel like I need to stay here.  I had a dream that President Deere called and he had a new assignment or something for me and I had to go to an area near the beach.  Well I guess it was him telling me I was going to train again and I had to go to the mission home which is on the beach.  So I go to the mission home tomorrow and on Wednesday I get my new companion.  I am really nervous I don´t know why.

This week rained like crazy!!  For like 4 or 5 days straight it was dropping buckets of rain.  I also got sick but that didn´t slow down the work.  I am feeling a lot better, I think it was the quick change in the weather.  So yes as you all know we had 3 baptisms and they were unreal!  Watching Alba´s baptism was one of the best baptisms I have every seen!  Missionaries have been trying to get her baptized for 4 years!  Some how we were persistent and she finally said yes!!  She was so excited about her baptism and she is such a sweet little girl.  Yeah so Juan stopped smoking and he wanted the Branch President to do the baptizing.  So there is our Branch President and the fat guy is Alba´s Dad.  The branch President is amazing!  There is Beléb and Paqui mom to the left of Paqui the daughter.  They are doing well and I think they are kind of happy that I am staying.  I know I will get them baptized before I leave they just need time and love.  Elder Rojas just wanted to get them baptized.  Beléb said no because she wants to be prepared and get baptized with her mom.  She is doing great though and coming to church with her mom.  Antonia is the one behind Alba wearing the glasses.  She really liked the baptism and there is no doubt that she felt the spirit watching her husband baptize her daughter.  I gave Paqui the Holy Ghost on Sunday and other ward members gave Juan and Albe the Holy Ghost.  Also we gave Blanca's little son a blessing so that he is in the church records.  Elder Rojas blessed little Fermin.  It was an amazing Sacrament Meeting.  I gave a talk as well but it was really short with 4 blessings in the meeting!  Antonio and Ana are still in the process because it turns out that Anonio´s old wife still needs to sign one more paper and then they will get married.  They are still just doing amazing and the Lord will bless them for being faithful.  Miguel and Rocio are getting baptized this Saturday right after conference so I am stoked!!  The Lord is blessing Jaén.  
 
My favorite member cornered me in his kitchen and closed the door and told me that I am a special missionary and that I have the most special spirit; and he said look at the fruit that you planted in Elder Rojas.  He told me that all the members will remember me here in Jaén for forever.  He almost made me cry.  We had previously had a lesson with him, his wife and Antonio and Ana and it was really spiritual.  I have had a really good week.  Rosana and Blanca both got called in the Primary and Relief Society; they are doing great.  Neyera is the Beehive President and Sebastian has memorized 10 articles of faith and has marked off the most out of all the Primary kids haha.  I love my mission-I learn so much!  Shaver is leaving and Elder Estrada is taking his place haha another one of my companions!  I get to hang out with Shaver for like 7 hours tomorrow and Elder Rojas leaves at 7:30 in the morning.  
 
I love you all!
CODES

No comments:

Post a Comment