Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 15, 2012 - Family Email

Hey Family how are all ya´ll???

Well thanks for the email I loved it today; it was very special!  I hope that everyone is doing well and is happy!  It was good to see the snowy mountains and my hood rats!  Rachel looks like she is doing
great that makes me feel really good!  Heather isn´t allowed to cut her hair until I get home now!  I got a letter from Jerame and he is making me not want to have kids!  Haha I think he is trying to make me worried about how hard life is!  He also mentioned that scouting is really hard and is drives him crazy.  Haha my companion speaks little but understands a lot of Spanish so he will catch on.  It takes like 3 months of listening to catch on to the patterns and the conjugations of the language, well for me it did.

So this last week was good and we really are teaching a lot of new people.  We are working with the members trying to find new people from them while trying to reactivate less actives.  The prophet came out about a month ago and kinda changed the way we do missionary work. It´s called the Rescue!  So we are trying to do that here in Jaén while finding people to teach.  We found a family with 3 kids that aren´t baptized but it is going to be A JOB getting them back to church but not impossible because they like the missionaries.  I feel like if I can get Alba baptized I can get this family reactivated with the help of members.  Speaking of Alba, one of the best days of my life was yesterday.  Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting and Santiago and Alba get up to bear there testimonies.  Santiago went first and it was great and then Alba.  She gets up and says I know know this church is true that it´s the only church because I can feel it and just starts crying and says in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.  That was the best thing in the WORLD.  I know this is the Lord's church.  She is only 13 years old and chose to get baptized by herself with everyone around her telling her don´t do it and then bore her testimony!  Next week she is going to give a talk in sacrament meeting!  She is going to be a beast in the church!  Also another testimony was amazing but I have to tell a story first so the testimony makes sense.

So the member that took me into a room and told me I am special and I did a really good job training Elder Rojas, well him, he had a little problem this last week.  He calls me one night, I think
Wednesday and tells me he needs to talk to us urgently.  So I tell him where we were and he comes by and picks us up.  So he is kind of in a big pickle with someone that had black mailed him and so he was asking for a blessing.  He had told me he hadn´t slept for two nights and he was really messed up and his wife as well.  So we go to their home and I go into the bathroom and pray real fast to have the Lord help me with the blessing and I felt a big peaceful feeling. So I gave him the blessing and I felt really well!  So yesterday at testimony meeting he gets up and bears his testimony about the experience and about the priesthood.  That night I gave him the blessing he slept like a baby.  I was in tears, it´s just the tender little mercies the Lord gives me and I love them so much!

We don´t talk to Ursula and I haven´t called Sonya, she told me she would call when she was ready.  So I am not trying to pressure her in anyway.  I have thought about calling her soon to check up on her. 

Thanks for all you do and I love you all so much!  Feel better DAD!

I love you!
CODES

No comments:

Post a Comment