Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 27, 2011 - Email to Family

So I am still in Cáceres another six weeks no worries!!!

Okay so this week the Lord blessed us a TON.  I am just going to start telling you all the story because it´s kinda a long one.  This last Wednesday, the 22nd, a day before my fourth month mark a weird thing happened.  We were walking to the computer place, where we email all the time, to go print out names of baptismal dates, because we pray for every person in the Málaga mission with baptismal dates.  As we were walking into the store this kid says hi to us.  Which is weird because the kids around our age here never say "hi".  They usually yell, make fun of us, and/or throw stuff at us.  So when we leave the store, this kid is out on the corner of the street just staring at me.  My companion didn´t see him.   Anyways, we walk up like two streets and are really close to our apartment.  There are like 10 minutes of the day left to work and we decided to go contact.  The crazy thing is that right as Elder Shaver said "Let´s go contact" the kid had followed us and stopped us.  We talked to him for over an hour in the street and answered all of his questions about our church.  He is a pastor of the young kids in his church.  He goes to a Evangelist church.  Anyways we asked him if we could teach him tomorrow and he said yes and he will meet us below our apartment because he lives on our street.  Oh I forgot to tell you, HE IS FROM BRAZIL.  Yeah so at the next appointment, which is at 5 o'clock, we walked out of our apartment and BAM! There he was waiting! This was the day of my 4 month mark, a Brazilian walks into my life.  That day we taught the Restoration and he liked all of it and gave him a Book of Mormon.  We gave him 3 NEphi 11 to read and pray about it.  The next time we taught him again about the organization of the church, because we taught him there is a prophet living today.  He had read all of the chapter and liked it and prayed but said he didn´t have an answer yet.  After we taught him we ran out of the door because we had to catch a bus to go teach people.  He watched us run out of the door, and he went into his room and he had a CRAZY experience.  We aren´t allowed to tell anybody because is super sacred.  But his prayer was answered and he believes in our church.  That night, Friday, we played fútbol with some of our investigators and Carlos came.  That is when he told us his experience and everything.  He left in the middle of playing with us because he went to call some people to get his membership papers withdrawn from his church.  He is doing all of this on his own!!!  Anyways his pastor told him he can´t come back to his church and his girlfriend broke up with him because he left his church.  All of his friends are mad at him.  We taught him again Saturday, he made us dinner!!  This kid is a beast.  On Sunday he came to church with us all dressed up in a suit and tie.  Then after church he called us and told us he wants to get baptized!!  So on the 9th of July, that is less then two weeks, he is getting baptized!!  The Lord is spoilling us!  I don´t deserve this type of blessing!  He wants to preach and stuff, we told him he can serve a mission.  So that is our next goal, the first missionary out of Cáceres Spain!  Oh and he said he recieved his answer to get baptized through the scriptures.  He has read through Nephi to Alma 21.  A beast!

So that is a lot that has happened this week.  He is super cool and super prepared.  Our other investigators are doing good we are still working hard with them.  We are having a hard time with boys' mom. She doesn´t really do her commitments, so we are working hard with her tonight.  But I am doing really good, I love the mission and time is flying by!!  IT¨S SOOOOO HOTTT.  It is 111 degrees here and I am dying.  I feel hot all the time.  They say it gets hotter too! NO!!! 

The spanish is still hard but I am seeing improvement.  I just want to be fluent already, but there is so many words!!!

Dang Brady looks older with all that on!!  Good for him I am proud of him!

Dad I was laughing so hard that was horrible!!  But it made me happier! 

I am happy, no worries.  My companion is good I like serving with him.  I no longer get to see Elder Peterson because he got swtiched to another zone.  But I am still in the same district as Elder Manning and I love him so that is all good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment