Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, June 27, 2011

June 20, 2011 - Email to Family

Hey how is everyone?? 
That is awesome that you got to go to the beach in Texas!  I have wanted to do that!!  I am jealous but, not really.  It is really hot here in Cáceres too.  It is super hot today and it´s only 12 in the afternoon.  I am getting fried because we are always out in the streets contacting so I am not doing face pills for a while. Sorry.  The sun is super strong here.  I am putting sun block when I remember which is like once a week haha.  But I am good I cannot believe this but it´s the last week of the transfer!  I am on week 6 in Cáceres and it feels like I just started!  I hope President doesn´t switch me out of here already because I don´t want to pack up my stuff I am sick of packing!! But I am good; the knee is good I can play soccer feeling normal now besides the fact that I am no where as good as I used to be!  But I play good, they think I am pretty good because I am from America!  It has been in the upper 90´s here this past week and the people here all tell us that in July, August and September it is hotter than crap and no one is outside!  So hopefully we will have investigators by then!
So this week was great I guess.  We taught 13 lessons which is still not very good but Tuesday was a good day.  So Tuesday we went to Badajoz where Elder Manning is serving for our district meeting.  They had just barely baptized this lady from Mexico and she made freaking authentic MEXICAN TACOS I was dying.  It was the best thing I had ever had in my life.  It was super spicy too.  I ate like 6 giant tacos and I almost literally threw up everywhere.  After we all shared our favorite scriptures!  Elder Manning started and his was one of my favorites too, Alma 26:12.  He´s a crier and he got me starting to cry and the Mexican lady is crying way bad too.  It was super spiritual.  I was last to share and I shared my other favorite which is one of Elder Manning favorite too, Mosiah 28:3.  It´s about the Sons of Mosiah.  It is so good.  Right as I said the reference Elder Manny started crying way bad, it was hard to speak Spanish because I was trying to hold back the cries, I got teary eyed though.  But the spirit was soo strong and the Book of Mormon is the Word of God.  I can promise that!
But this week we got another baptismal date!  Liliana the lady that works on Sundays knows that this gospel is true!  She wants to be baptized so we set a date when she thinks that she can find a new job.  So the date is July 16th the same day as our other baptisms.  The oldest boy Miguel that is one of our investigators with a baptismal date loves me!  He is a beast and we are pretty close!  The two boys played Fútbol with us Friday that was fun to play with them.  We want the mom to know that we love them and they can feel our spirit.  So the little 9 year old girl that will come to church, we finally met with her and her mom.  The mom gave her permission to be baptized and the little girl said NO.  We just got turned down by a 9 year old girl.  She said she wants to wait to be older like a woman age.  Oh well it took us 5 weeks to meet with her once.  We are trying to work with the family and get them all back active but the kids hate church.  So yeah all I know is that I am SUPER blessed to have amazing parents that raised me in the gospel and love me enough to actually discipline me so that I can be a good adult.  Thank you parents for all you do.  I really am extremely blessed to have you!  Words can´t express half of how grateful I am to have a good life. 
FATHER: Happy Birthday and Fathers Day.  I have a card on the way to you!  I am glad you got to go to Texas for you b-day and take a break from work.  I pray for your tobillo (ankle) everyday haha! I love you and I was thinking about you yesterday on your b-day.
So yeah that´s about all I have got for you.  Oh yeah I got water and fireworks thrown at me this last week that was pretty close to getting my face blown off.  It was late at night but we weren´t late getting into our apartment yet!  Oh well it was close; kids were throwing stuff from on top of a building at us.  They always yell at us and honk horns at us.  They think we´re a joke!  I just think "Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do".  Oh this week I contacted this guy and got his number, he´s from Mexico!  My first Mexican!  His name is Hector that is Gus´s first name!  I am gonna baptize him haha!
Well I love you all and good luck with work this week!  You are all amazing and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment