Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, June 27, 2011

June 13, 2011 - Email to Family

Hello Father it was nice to see you at the top of the letter.  I know you can´t type because you have no fingers. But I love you and thanks for the time you took to write me.  Good luck with the boat it will look sweet.
Mother! Thanks again for the package it was wonderful and still is.  However there is only one Fastbreak left, so that´s kinda depressing.  I love me some Reese's. 
I am doing really good and having fun!  This past week was zone conference and we had to go to Sevilla, which is a four hour bus ride which is horrible and kills the little lessons we can get with people here.  So yeah, this last week was a little rough we only taught 6 lessons.  I don´t know if you know, but that is horrible.  Everyone this week cancelled on us even members so we were in the streets almost 6 hours every day and we only got 3 peoples numbers.  So far we have found 16 people's numbers and only have been able to teach 1 of them and it´s this little old lady haha.  The Spanish people here are HARD even the South Americans are a little different.  I just finished the book of Alma and it was SUPER good.  Captain Moroni is a BEAST.  But my favorite part was the stripling warriors of course.  When it was talking about them and how young they were and the famous verse about how "they had been taught by their mothers, if they did not doubt God would deliver them."  Yeah that verse is on my wall in my room in Orem and it made me start crying because I am finally one of those Stripling Warriors of the army of Helaman.  Yeah it was just super good and that was written for missionaries I swear.  Anyways that´s why that one song is my favorite "We´ll Bring The World His Truth."
So here in Spain, everything is great. This week was rough but we saw a MIRACLE.  So we have 3 baptism dates!!!!  The Mom Gloria and her two sons Luis and Miguel!!  We work so hard on them and we love them to death.  I love them to death!!  This last Thursday night we taught them about how the Book of Mormon has blessed our lives and all that!  Now that I have a good testimony of the Book it was a lot easier to teach them! And bear testimony on it.  IT is TRUE.  I love the Book of Mormon.  But Gloria came to church with us yesterday her sons are sick so they stayed home.  But Miguel really wanted to come and he wanted to get baptized the first time we asked them.  We had to ask twice and switch the date to next month, July 16th.  Which is good I think I will still be in Cáceres!  But investigator wise that´s all that really happened this last week.  We didn´t have a lot of lessons!! 
It´s starting to get really hot!! They told us that July and August are just MISERABLE.  But it’s cool Elder Manning is still in Badajoz which is an hour away and he is in our district but, he is training already!!! He´s a beast and the language is easier for him.  Also Elder Peterson in back in our zone and us 3 love each other so the lovers got to reunite this last Thursday.
The language is sooo hard still.  I have to listen to Argentina accents, Spanish accents, Columbia, Ecuador, Bolivia freak seriously that´s all of the different people in Spain and in the ward.  We hardly teach Spanish people.  They are so hard to get.  I am alright though with time comes the language I need MORE faith in my calling and the gifts I have been given.  I will be okay!  I just have to wait on the Lords timing of all of it.
I wrote josh back but he needs to write me!  I will write him a little letter.  Tell Carly I am working on it. I LOVE you.

No comments:

Post a Comment