Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 6, 2011 - Family Email

Hey so I get to write on time today,
How is everyone?
So I am doing good not a lot has happened since Wednesday when I wrote you.  But I will try to do my best in making this email long haha. 
So the investigators that are the mom and her two sons are doing super good.  The mom's name is Gloria and her sons are Miguel 14 and Luis 9 or 11 years old.  The sons love us and they pray every night and they read the little verses we assign them every night!  They love us because we just try to be their friends and all that.  They are the coolest and nicest boys I have met in Spain.  They are from Columbia.  But this past week we taught all 3 of them together 3 times and we can see progress in the moms face, she really listens to us.  She has listened to the lessons before but would never progress; I think it´s because she has been waiting for me and Elder Shaver.  With that family you just have to keep on them and make activities and stuff to keep them entertained and listening.  So get THIS.  The little one Luis had a dream that he was talking to God and he told him that the Book of Mormon is true, that this church is true and that the missionaries are true.  His mom and brother were kind of laughing at him and so did Luis but, he literally was serious.  His face was serious and everything.  It was amazing to me, this church is true and he DOES live and answer our prayers.  The mom is going to be the hardest to convert the other son I think knows it is true he always reads the scriptures we give him.  Elder Shaver and I feel a strong connection with them and we want to ask them to be baptized this week.  We are making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this week and prayer rocks.  But yeah we just have to keep on them and get them to church this next week and the week after and then just keep on them.  Our other investigator is Lillian she is about 45 and works on Sundays.  She is hates her job and is searching for a new one.  She already knows this church is true and is starting to read the Book of Mormon and takes NOTES.  So she is the bomb and we love teaching her.  The little 9 year old girl is good, we haven´t taught her, we go over to her house almost every day and try to teach her.  I don´t get it, she will come to church every week with us but we can never teach her.  It´s hard because she is NINE years old.  But we will meet with her parents soon, she is all but baptized.  So our investigator that is 11 and has a baptismal Date, we still haven´t taught him again yet.  We always set up times and his mom always cancels.  We can´t just go out there either, it´s a 30 min bus ride.  So we just keep trying hard to teach him.  I think he still wants to be baptized and his mom is a member but she hasn´t been at church for the past two weeks.  We have no idea what is going on.  So that is about what has happened this week.
I GOT THE PACKAGE.  Yes thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much.  You all are the best, and I loved the package so much.  I got it on Thursday and it´s huge.  The dictionary is great I use it every day.  The pictures were awesome thanks.  Lacerta?????  I am proud of him, he changed a lot and that is tight he is going to Brazil.  The pictures are awesome and Zac looks so much older and better looking. I didn´t have to pay anything for the package, so yeah, just send stuff to my home here in Cáceres. 
So I still don´t understand people and that´s alright but I think I improve more everyday and I am really just trying to talk more so I hope it gets better.  I know that one day I will speak it without even thinking I just expect more out of myself.  I just need to try harder.  But everything in the package was perfect; I laughed soooo hard at the hot tamales, that was GROSS and HORRIBLE.  One of the worst things I have ever heard in my life time.
Mother I love you and YOU are the BEST.  You are too good to me, ya know that?  Thanks for all you do, I really do appreciate everything you do for me.  This work is true, the church is true.  We really do have the same church that Christ established on the earth.  I don´t understand when people don´t believe that!  The Book of Mormon is awesome, I am about to read about the stripling warriors and the verse about MOMS.  I LOVE my MOTHER.
LOVE,  CODY

No comments:

Post a Comment