Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 1, 2011 - Family Email

Family,
So I am sorry this is taking so long to write you because the store we go to was broken yesterday and on my P-DAY it was apparently a holiday.  So Spain has random holidays so they don´t have to work every other week.  They already don´t work from 2pm to 5pm everyday because they go home to sleep.  But I have felt like crap because all I ask for on P-DAY is to get a letter from my family.  So yeah I am finally writing you right now and I feel much much better now.  It’s crazy that graduation is this week and that was me a year ago.  Yeah Monday was my ACL one year anniversary; that was a great day I remember getting a HUGE mountain dew slushy. My knee hurt so very much bad.  So it´s just good to finally write you!
 So this last week I guess a little more happened.  We have a baptismal date with this little kid that is 11 years of age.  We only taught him once and we set a baptism date.  We did that last week right after P-DAY and we haven´t taught him since so we have no idea what is going on.  We now have a whole family that we are trying to baptize; their Dad is a recent convert to the church and is super strong in the church; he has 4 kids and a wife, she reads the Book of Mormon but doesn´t want to be baptized, we don´t know what is her deal.  We have another family we are teaching too, this mom and her two sons.  We have taught them two times together and the kids two times when the mom wasn´t around.  I have a feeling we may end up baptizing them, well the kids.  Because they are always home playing videos games instead of outside, they must not have many friends.  We are going to be their best friends and the mom will see how much we love her sons.  The sons pray every night; we taught them and leave them little cards and stuff to remind them.  We also have this little girl that is 9 years old.  We haven´t taught her yet because they are never home and we have to talk to her parents and get permission to baptize her.  She came to church with us last Sunday and her parents are nice they gave us a ride to the chapel.  But yeah the girl is a sweet heart and has been taught everything from the previous missionaries so she is super ready.  Then our other investigator is Liliana she is like 45 years old.  We have taught her 3 times and we are teaching her again tonight.  She is really smart and thinks that this church is true.  We told her to pray and figure out for herself!!  So we will see how things went today and most likely set a baptismal date.  However she works on Sundays, she wants a different job or Sundays off so we have to fix that problem.  That is sad if that´s all that holds her back.  So that´s about all that happened with the investigators this past week.  We have done a lot of contacting still and we are starting to see some new investigators soon, well hopefully.  I think we have around 8 or so but some of them are iffy or may not be real numbers.  We just barely contacted this kid that was 20 years old and it was really good.  But he is very evangelist, but we know how to teach them and softly bring it down to them that their church isn´t true haha.  We have pretty good scriptures in the bible that prove them wrong.  But that isn´t why we´re here.
 So this past week we got hit on by these girls that are English teachers here in the schools.  They are from New Orleans and Idaho.  They asked us to go to a bar with them and watch the game.  But we lied and said we have to go teach a family right now.  They were very persistent on wanting us to go with them.  Ha we had the white shirt and tie and everything and they wanted us to go with them.  They weren´t ugly at all either.  But I wasn´t even tempted, my team was playing in the championship too.  My team is Barcelona and they WON.  So I was pretty excited to hear that the next day that they had won.  So I got to go to Badajoz yesterday for district meeting. That is where Elder Manning is serving.  They are in our our district and I got to go contacting with Elder Manny for an hour.  That was AWESOME I love that kid soo much.  He is a best friend for sure.  So that is about all that happened this last week.  My Spanish is getting better but I don´t get to teach that much because there is hardly people to teach.  But I still feel like I speak horrible and don´t know anything.  I need to have a better attitude. 
Well mother you are the best thing ever.  I love you soo much.  Thanks for the package I will let you know what happens when it gets here.  I love you, you are amazing.  I don´t deserve a mother like you!! Family I love you sooo much.
Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment