Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 4, 2011 - Family Email

Hello Family,
How are all of you?  I am doing great!  Anyways so this week was good but, nothing too crazy happened. 
Elders Manning and Peterson
So Carlos is doing really good and he loves everything that we teach him.  He loves the Bible and reads it a lot.  But he believes the Book of Mormon too.  This Saturday he is going to be baptized.  Elder Clegg is going to baptize him.  Elder Clegg is a senior companion and he used to be President of the Lisbon Portugal Mission.  Anyways they visited us last Sunday and got really close with Carlos so he wants Elder Clegg to baptize him.  We have pretty much taught Carlos everything and he is super ready, he´s just a miracle.  He wrote me a big old letter and it was so sweet he loves us so much!!  The mom and the kids are...well they are okay we try everything we can but they just don´t think our message is important or something.   I love those two boys so much it breaks my heart.  Last time we taught them which was Thursday I believe (just the boys) the mom was at work but, I had to tell them if they don´t start progressing and pray and read and find out if this church is true for themselves we can´t teach them anymore and I started crying.  I was crying!! I think they listened though and understood that this message is important and only through this gospel they can live together forever.  I love those kids so much it will kill me if we have to drop them because we can´t waste our time with people that don´t want to listen.  Other than that our other investigators are doing really well.  I think we will baptize Liliana soon even though she works Sundays because she wants to be baptized and she has come to our church a lot before she started working.  But we are going to wait and pray for her job situation to change.
So tomorrow I get the opportunity to go to Badajoz and live with Elder Manning and his companion for 2 days because Elder Shaver has to go to Málaga for district leader training.  I am STOKED I love Elder Manning and I am excited to work with him in the field with his investigators.  I get to do a service project while I am out there too.
So this last week I had to buy a new camera card because the other one is jacked up or something.  Like the pictures are there I just cannot see them or view them.  So I got a new card with 8 GB so this new card is nice and it should work without problems. 
They language gets better every day and I teach a little better every time.  I am tearing apart the Book of Mormon I am in the Book of Mormon and I am almost done with it.
This picture is of our district leader leaving Badajoz, he trained Elder Manning and this is his new companion Elder Barret from Dallas, Texas.  Good guys I love them.
Mom and Dad I LOVE you so much and miss you more than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment