Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 3, 2011 - Email to Family

Hola!
So yeah my P-days are on Thursdays and they only give me a half an hour to read and write you on the computer!! So if I run out of time I will write you a letter or a paragraph.
So my companions name is Elder Joshua Blanch; he is from Independence, Missouri.  He was a sales man of cars that he bought and fixed up.  He is super friendly and always talkative (is that a word? I don't know).  My district is super awesome; I love every kid in it! Elder Manning is our district leader and favorite Elder in the MTC.  He is from Draper and went to West High School.  He is an amazing musician, he is even on iTunes. Check him out on iTunes and tell me if he is good, type in the search "Nate Manning".  We both think that we bonded together the best and he is serving in Malaga too!!
Okay so the MTC.  It is amazing here, the spirit is so great.  The Spanish is difficult for me though, I feel like I'm the most behind in speaking it.  But I have only been here a week.  I need to chill out and stop stressing.  If I am negative and tell myself I can't speak Spanish or receive the gift of tongues; then I doubt God. I realized that last night after we taught a real investigator that was a volunteer.  We had to contact him first in Spanish then teach him the first lesson according to how we felt he needed.  It went well and I feel like I teach with the spirit almost every time.  Brother Teerlink is the best teacher! He wasn't blessed with the gift of tongues either and taught me not to doubt the power of God!  I am not the one that converts the investigator, the spirit does.  It is amazing that in the MTC or just being a missionary, the gospel makes sense! Like reading my scriptures I actually understand them!  Brother Toone is our other teacher here and he is awesome too, he pushes us hard!
I only have four minutes left and I want to make sure I send this.  I will write my testimony in Spanish!  I can pray in Spanish too!!!
 Love you all!
 Elder Baby Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment