Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 24, 2011 - Email to Family


Cody with the Madrid MTC Mission President and his Wife
 Well the Madrid MTC is about a thousand times better here!!!  Spain is amazing and beautiful!!!!  I like the fact that the temple is about 30 feet away from the MTC.  The temple is gorgeous.  Apparently we get to go into Madrid a little because today is P-day.  So Thursdays here are P-day!   
We only have 20 missionaries here at the MTC, it´s very small.  I don´t room with Elder Manning or Peterson but they are right across the hall from me.  The missionaries here are way cool and way close because there is only 20 of us!  We are all in the same district and I believe my companion is Elder Hunt.  He seems awesome and completely opposite of Elder Blanch haha.   
The Madrid MTC
The flight was super long and I didn´t sleep at all!  But it´s all good I have been awake for like 24 hours and I feel like a zombie.  There is six beds in my room but it´s only me and Elder Hunt so that is awesome.  The windows open up and I have an awesome view!  Oh and I do not have a time limit on emails anymore.  I am positive dearelder doesn´t work out here.  But everything in this MTC is new and clean, the beds and rooms...everything!  It makes the Provo MTC look worse than a prison.  So yeah this is awesome I have Elder Peterson and Manning in my district!   
Cody's District at the Madrid MTC
It was so good to talk to you mom! There is a lot of pretty Spanish women here.  I haven´t yet had the opportunity to eat the food but I am still loving the fact I got to eat a real hamburger today, Mickey D´s!!  So there is a lot of Italians here at this MTC, they sound funny.  The Spain accent is cool but I haven´t heard it a lot yet.  I will soon when we go out into the city.  I think I am gonna get some cheap indoors so I start hitting up Futbòl!  The president seems nice; everyone here seems to like him.  There is a weight set right outside my door with a little bench chair thing we have upstairs.  This place is stacked.   
The scenery here is amazing, and it is sooooo green.  It is rainy and cloudy today but they keep saying it has been way sunny lately.   The gardens and surrounding the temple are gorgeous!  I have been blessed being able to come out here.  The Lord has answered my prayers and I am so thankful for it too! I know this is where I am supposed to be right now.  Wow I hope we go out to the city soon so I can wake up; I am super tired.  I am for sure going to learn the language out here quicker because the teacher’s don´t know much English.  They have been speaking English to us!  On Saturday I get to go to a park and attempt to contact people in Spanish, we will see how that goes....I am taking a lot of pictures and when you figure out what you want to do with the camera cards let me know.  I will look for them out here and find out a price.
How is the family?
How is my dog?
How is my other dog?
How are mi padres (parents)?
How are my brothers?
How are my sisters?
Love you all,
Elder CHODES

No comments:

Post a Comment