Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, December 17, 2012

December 10, 2012 - Family Email

JUDE!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Norton and Maxi (12/8/12)
Stop hurting yourself I need to be there and take care of you!  Well I guess má girl is taking care of you!  Make sure you are healed before you come out to Spain. 
Well Málaga is UNREAL.  I already had a baptism but I totally left my camera home again.  I used to be really good at that stuff but now that I know I am going to see you so soon it just almost makes me forget.  So I promise that you will have the photos the next week.  So I got there on Wednesday and the next morning we go to teach this guy named Maxi with a baptismal date for Saturday.  We get there and he starts crying.  The poor kids parents just separated and they have been married his whole life!  Maxi is 27 years old so that was really hard on him.  I felt like I was there just to help him out because he needs support and is a really sensitive guy.  He is from Argentina and has lived here for about 11 years.  His whole family came to his baptism and church the next day.  His father, mother and little sister.  We set baptismal dates with the mom and daughter and the dad just is kind of there.  We are hoping that through the church they will be able to save their marriage.  So that is what is going on, I love people from Argentina!  Also we found a huge family of Cubans that all want to get baptized and two of them came to church.  I think out of all the Cubans there is 9 people so we have some work to do there!  Also we are teaching a Spanish family.  A mom and her three daughters.  They are really progressing and came to church last week but not this week.  The name of the mom is Inma and her daughters are Inma(18), Laura(11) and Noelia(9).  Great family and they really love the missionaries.  One thing though is that the oldest daughter is lesbian but really likes us and gave me a DUFF beer from the Simpson's and made me carry it out.  I felt bad like rejecting her because it was a gift and she knows we wont drink so that is why she gave it to me.  So they are progressing and all committed to be baptized.  We are going to be setting a date with them this next week.  
Maxi and his family
So Elder Norton is from PG, Utah.  Haha I was a little off there.  His name is Samuel Parker Norton.  He is unreal and I love him to death.  He has crazy energy and I think it will be impossible for him to make me mad.  He just wants to help people and is just a great missionary.  He speaks great Spanish already and has been in the mission for 9 months.  So I think he has a pic of the baptism so I will send it over to you.
The Spainhowers, Elder Barahona, Elder Geest and his new companion Elder Norton
So here is what I am thinking:
- Thursday we will be in Málaga and there is a party here I think that day
- Friday we will be at Gibralter and then go straight to Sevilla
- Saturday be there in the morning for a little then be at the baptism
- Sunday go to church and leave right after or eat there in Jaén and go to Cáceres.  Really there is only one family there to see and maybe the branch president. 
- Monday go to Mérida and maybe go back to Caceres really shortly and then sleep up in Madrid
That is what I have thought up and you basically guessed it so ya!
I love you all.  These are really bad pictures but that is Maxi´s family and I don´t have one of them and then me and the Norton.
Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment