Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, December 24, 2012

December 17, 2012 - Family Email

Family
 
In Seville I can take you to the Plaza de España where they filmed Star Wars.  I really don´t mind seeing the cathedrals so if you wanted to do that with her go for it.  So in Jaén the baptism would be at like 7 o clock I think and Seville is like 2 to 3 hours away driving.  Church starts at 10:30 to 1:30.  

So this week was great we worked really hard and I am sick as a dog!!  I haven´t gotten this sick on my mission yet so I guess it was my turn!  I haven´t stopped working and I haven´t slept good the past three

This is where I live no big deal.  this is taken from our house window!!!
I see the sun rise orange and red every morning
So we have now set baptismal dates with Maxi´s family.  The Dad never ended up moving out.  He had moved out the day of Maxi´s baptism and then they went to Church and that same night he moved back in.  They came to church this last week again and they came to the Christmas dinner.  The family is really starting to like us and they still aren´t very sure about baptism but we are working our hardest.  The Dad always takes us back home because they live in a village about 20 minutes away and this last week he took us to the other side of Málaga.  So the dads name is Luis and the mom Lidia and the daughter Micaela.  They are so good!  I love the family.  The daughter and I get a long, I sat by her in the Christmas dinner this last Friday and she even went up and sang with the young women.  So she is doing great!  The mom is going to be the hard headed one in the family I think!  The father cried when he prayed for the first time with us, I think he was praying for us when he started to cry.  The dad really likes us a lot.  I believe the bishop is going over to their house today to teach them about families and stuff for Family Home Evening.  They are now pretty involved in the church and I am positive they will get baptized.
The Spanish family is doing really well.  We set dates with them for the 12th of January.  They have problems coming to church but we are going to start involving members in the lessons.  We taught them last night with a returned sister missionary and they really like her.  The oldest daughter even prayed twice last night and accepted the baptismal date.  We still need to teach her about her whole problem and that might not go down too well but she likes us and is progressing a lot.  
 
The Cubans are doing okay.  We really didn´t teach them this last week but they are there and not a lot to say.  They are freaking flaky people but I think we will get a baptism out of them.  We are mostly just really working with these two families mentioned above.  I want to see both of them baptized so bad!!!  
We had a cool experience this last Friday after the Christmas party.  A member called my comp and went out and talked to this guy.  He has anxiety disorder and really afraid to leave the house.  So we go over and the guy is so nice and we give him a blessing and all.  After I give him a paper that I did a study for like 3 hours all the way back in El Puerto a year and four months ago.  Do you remember Betty?  The girl from Bolivia?  Well yeah I did a study for her and then she disappeared.  SO everyday of my mission I have had this paper with like 20 scriptures linked about fear and faith in the Book of Mormon and I gave it to the guy.  I was always wondering why I did that study and I totally forgot that I had that paper with me and I gave it to this guy.  He was really in need and was thinking about killing himself and all.  Well he came to church and he told us that he is doing good.  
 
So that was my week in Málaga and we are doing good.  I hope you all have fun traveling this week and we have Zone Conference this week and it´s Christmas themed so I am excited!  Love you all and I am pretty sure I will get the package soon.  

Baby Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment