Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Friday, September 7, 2012

August 27, 2012 - Family Email

Happy Birthday Jude I do Love you!!!!!!!

So this last week was unreal.

So remember little Blanca from El Salvador??  And, remember we taught her the Restoration and she began to cry at the end of the lesson?  Well we met with her this last Monday and she told us a little story.  So in that lesson two weeks ago she went home that night and prayed to know if this was the true church.  That night she fell asleep and dreamed the first vision!!!!  She told us she literally felt like she was there with Joseph Smith in the grove of trees.  She started crying when she told us that.  Is that unreal???  The church is true I couldn´t help but get teary eyes when she was telling us.  We met in the house of Rosana and Sebastian and that´s where we teach her now.  So after she told us that dream we of course asked her to be baptized and she said yes.  She told us that when she saw Sebastian and Nerea get baptized she wanted to as well in that exact moment.  So the church is true.  Blanca is getting baptized on Friday the 31rst of August.  We have been teaching her almost everyday and she came to church yesterday and she is doing great. 

So we also have been working with other families.  The less active family with the two kids are going to be baptized on the 29th of September.  They are super excited and they are for sure baptisms.  The mom is named Pilar and she gave us a reference of a family that consists of a mom and two daughters.  The daughter had already been coming to church for a little bit with Nerea because they are friends.  The mom is named Paqui, and then a daughter that is 15 named Belén, and the smallest named Paqui 12 as well.  Paqui the daughter is so good.  She LOVES young women's and is doing the Personal Progress things.  So she will get baptized too, I am positive.  The mom and and Paqui came to church this Sunday as well.  We have taught them I think three times now.  They are progressing little by little. 
 
So we had an activity this last Friday with all the members.  It is like a game night we arranged because the branch here needs to be more close.  So a lot of people came and some non members and we played sports.  Haha everyone thinks I am good at basket ball but I am really not that good I am just American so I played it with my buddies.  We played soccer as well with all the little kids.
So I have another set of investigators that are great.  Antonio is a man that was excommunicated and he has a girl friend named Ana.  They are both Spanish and awesome.  They are getting married in October and they already started the papers.  So they are in good shape.  Ana reads the Book of Mormon like everyday and marked scriptures and everything.  They came to church and the activity.  They are progressing and they want to get married in the temple next year.  So they both need to be baptized and Ana will be a convert.  Antonio used to be a seminary teacher and a counselor in the branch here.  Really smart man and really spiritual.  They both want the church so bad. 
So send the package here to my piso I will be here more than a month.
 
We haven't met with any of the Paraguayans this week.  They are super flaky and really don´t have a lot of desires to know stuff.  My companion knows that but doesn´t want to accept it because they are his people.  The one really good one is on vacation right now so we will talk to her next week or so. 
Well that was my week!  This week I have a lot of traveling.  We go to Málaga for Zone Conference and then I go to Sevilla with Elder Banbury for Residency cards!  I am excited!!
 
I hope you enjoy the BYU ward. I will have to go there with ya´ll because I want to be where ya´ll are at.  Tell the ladies that I love them haha.  I am going to be so weird when I get home..I already feel the awkward returned missionary feel around people I meet that speak English haha. 
 
I love you all.
CODES

No comments:

Post a Comment