Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Friday, September 7, 2012

September 3, 2012 - Family Email

Are you trying to make me fat with all that food????  I might die with all that candy!
 
So this week was unreal!  Really good week.  First we had to go to Málaga for the conference thing we had going on.  That was pretty cool I have some pictures of me and Elder Manning.  I called him and told him he had to wear grey with me so he did so.  So we both have on a grey suit and greys ties for our girl Rachel.  So make sure those get sent to her!!  Sorry, my suit really is grey, just a really dark grey but I tried my hardest.  We still pray and fast for her!  I will continue to do so until the end of my mission!
 
I had a dream about you too mom, and it was a tender mercy. I was talking to you the day after I got home from my mission and we were grocery shopping I will have to tell you the dream when I get home.

So things went really well this week.  I went to Sevilla with Elder Banbury to go do our residency and it wasn't ready; so this week we have to go and travel back!  That kinda sucks but I love Sevilla!  It was a good little break because I was super tired but in the end the traveling made me even more tired.  I have been really tired mentally and a little physically.  I am not going to lie dealing with the problems and Bi-polar attitude of my companion really wears me out, but oh well I just try to have a good and patient attitude.  When I went out to Málaga for the conference I had a really good father and son experience with Elder Shaver.  I really love that kid.  We had to stay the night in Granada to go and catch the bus to Málaga the following morning.  So Elder Shaver came up to me and told me a personal trial that he is going through in his life.  He then asked me for a blessing and he was being really serious and really needed help right then in that moment.  There were a lot of Elder´s there in the piso and he asked me to give the blessing.  So we went in a room and it was kinda late and I gave him a blessing for like 20 minutes.  I really haven´t felt the spirit that strong before in my life.  He was crying and I almost started crying in the middle of the blessing.  Shaver is a really special missionary.  Elder Banbury came searching for us and walked into the room because he didn´t know when we were traveling to Sevilla, he told me that he saw some sort of angel or spirit.  He said when he opened the door the spirit was unreal and he thought he saw something in the room and closed the door.  It was a really amazing experience, the priesthood has the power of the administering of angels. 
 
So the baptism was unreal!!!  It was amazing Blanca (From El Salvador) asked me to baptize her and I felt really privileged.  She is a really special lady and member.  So special that right after she got confirmed on Sunday she got called as a relief society teacher!  We have like 60 active members and she was called!!  When they called her name to sustain her she stood up and was crying!!  She is so good.  The baptism was so spiritual and after she bore her testimony for like 10 minutes; which she shared her conversion story, she said she had found the only true church and she knows it´s true.  So there is some pictures of her and her son!  Her sons name is Fermin and he is 2 years old.  He loves us but is really shy.  We had I think 7 investigators at the baptism and then yesterday we had 8 in church!!!  That has to be a record in Jaén.  The most I have ever had was 10 in Sevilla.  The cool thing is almost every single one of them can get baptized!  So Antonia and Alba came to church.  The wife of our ward mission leader and his daughter.  We taught them this last week with the second counselor in the ward.  It was a great lesson and Alba is going to Málaga this weekend for a church activity.  Paqui, Paqui and Belén came to the baptism and the two daughters are going to Málaga as well this weekend!!  Belén was out of town on Sunday or she would have gone to church with her mom and sister.  Also the two that are getting baptized on the 28th came to church!  Rocio and Miguel Angel.  They are doing well and we are still just teaching them.  Antonio and Ana the two are getting married in October and they are so good!  They go to every activity and all 3 hours of church.  They read the scriptures and Liahona all the time and read together.  Ana asked for a blessing and asked for me to give her one.  She has a lot of health problems but is doing better.  So all is going great!!  I only have 4 more weeks until the transfer is over!  Crazy!  I am excited to get my package with the book.  I love the pictures thanks for all you did for the package!!
 
Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment