Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, August 27, 2012

August 20, 2012 - Family Email

Hey family,
Me and Peterson brushing our teeth
 
Well this last week was really fun and I got to go to the mission home and see friends!  I got to see Elder Manning and Elder Peterson which is always good.  I love those two with all my heart.  Yes mother make sure that we don´t schedule mine and Elder Manning's homecoming the same day because I have to go to his.  So the trainers training was great and we learned a lot.  After that the next day which was Thursday I got to do a 24 hour split with my father Elder Shaver!  It was so good and we teach really well together.  It is almost like he taught me how to be a missionary.  It was really fun to teach and do missionary work with him because I can speak Spanish and he told me I really surprised him how much I have grown.  I am no where near perfect and not a perfect missionary but I can say I have tried my hardest thus far in my mission.  I plan to continue like that and even harder until I die.  It was really good to see you all together with Rachel she looks great.  That little smile on her face makes me feel a lot better, but I am still torn up inside.  I know Elder Manning is really sad as well. I got to talk to him the next day I found out and he gave me a big hug.  I really love that little girl.  Elder Manning and I both fasted this last weekend for her and she is in all my daily prayers.  I ask God "que protejas a mi hermanita Rachel y que la consueles por favor" and I say more stuff but I always ask him that.  It means to protect my little sister Rachel and console her please.  I know she is doing good and there are many people praying for her at home and here in Spain.  I also put here name in the temple in Madrid.  You can call and give names I didn´t know that.
 
Me with a catholic cathedral in Granada
So this week we weren´t here very long in our area but we saw some miracles.  A less active family came to our baptism last week and we taught their little kids that want to get baptized too.  So two new people that can get baptized.  Their names are Rocio and Miguel Angel.  I really don´t know a lot about them because I was in Granada with Elder Shaver.  Also we found like 8 ladies from Paraguay and my companion is pretty excited.   Their names are Nancy, Nancy, Blanca, Emi, Gladis and I really can´t remember the rest of them because we have only taught them once.  They are good though and made us food!  Blanca was out of town this weekend, so we didn´t teach her.  However we have been keeping in good contact and tonight we are going to teach her with Rosana and Sebastian in their home.  It will be a great lesson and I am positive that Blanca from El Salvador will get baptized.  She is another really special spirit.  
 


Yesterday was an interesting day because we gave over 10 blessings and blessed two homes.  There is a family here that has a lot of problems and is kinda a rough family in the terms of smoking, tattoos and so on.  So we blessed every member of the family and the mom loves me and the 18 year old daughter.  The mom asked me to bless the home so that was a first for me; and then I blessed the dad, a little boy and the 18 year old daughter María.  We have been teaching her here and there because she isn´t a member.  She is really cool though and I really feel bad for the direction of her life, it worries me.  
Our little zone of Granada missing one companionship.
So that is about all that has happened this week.  I am doing well and things with Elder Rojas are a lot better.  I am not sure if it is me being more patient or him changing.  I hope it´s a little of both.  Oh so Elder Banbury is the new comp of Elder Shaver as a Zone Leader.  I am super EXCITED.
 
CODY

No comments:

Post a Comment