Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, July 2, 2012

June 25th, 2012 - Family Email

Hey family,

This was a lot better work wise.  We had really good numbers and we worked our hardest.  Sorry but no special or secret baptisms happened.  Loana has continued to not want anything and we don´t even talk to her anymore.  This week we approached the work here a little different and it was super successful and I will tell you about it a little later.  So I am excited to see all of the pictures of the wedding and all.  Yes I received your package it was awesome I loved it! Thank you so much!!  That is all I wanted to see was those wedding announcements.  Haha it was super good to see Devin and Brooke, I can´t believe I set those two up.  I need to email Devin and see how he is doing.  
 
So this last week I got the sweetest letter from Mama Stratton.  She is an awesome lady let her know that I love her and really appreciate that letter.    How are things going?  Oh hey, tell Jaycee if Brady isn´t around to write me for heavens sake, she can!  She is my little sister and I don´t even know her hardly!  So Ryan Mullen married Elder Seely´s dentist´s daughter.  Haha when Elder Seely saw that photo he was really shocked.  So this week we finally moved out all the old crap from the piso that was awesome and now we have space and can study in two different rooms.  The person that lived in the piso before us was an old lady, we call them "Marías" because everyone here in Spain is called María because of the virgin Mary.  So this lady left thousands of decorations and all the crap was old and falling apart but it´s all good now and they are coming today to fix all of the other small stuff.  Today we are playing futból again and it should be fun if the travelling trainers show up in enough time.  Yes I did buy new shoes and I love them.  I would take a picture of stuff but my camera is in the repair shop because it won't charge for some reason.  Also another sad note, I dropped my ring and it broke.  I will be sending it to you and I almost started crying I was so sad and I felt horrible and mad.  Hopefully they can repair it.  I am sorry.
 
This Friday the Cleggs are out of here and in a week I get to go and meet the new President because we have Zone Leader training again.  I am super excited!! Today we have to write a miracle to President Clegg that happened to us here in the mission.  I think I am going to write about José Luis and Carmen. 
 
So this week was good as I said earlier.  We did work with less active families and we found like two or three kids that are 8, 8 and 11 not baptized.  I think the 8 year olds turn 9 soon so by the time the families get active and we teach them all the lessons they should be convert baptisms.  The families are awesome and one of them the parents were sealed and everything and fell away for 9 years!!!!  That literally broke my heart everything they said they did for the church and they have dropped everything and have forgotten everything.  I literally have never felt so bad in a home listening to a fallen family!  The dad is a HIGH PRIEST.  So we are working with them and they actually have the desires to come back.  They mom really wants to come back and her daughter that is 11 wants to get baptized.  So we will help with that!  We found some other people just from contacting as well.  A really good guy from Bolivia and his name is Alfredo and he is a truck driver.  So he works a lot but when he is in town he calls us to talk to him haha.  He is a really good investigator and went to our church when he was little and he loves the church here in Sevilla.  We are still working with Alba the little 13 year old girl.  Her parents won't let her get baptized and the church is going to pay for her to go to EFY and she was so excited.  She is the cutest little girl in the world.  One of the counselors is going to talk with her parents and tell them we will pay for her to go to EFY if they let her get baptized.  The girls cousins are all recent converts with in like 9 months and Alba loves church.  We have a really good Young Women's and Young Men's here in Sevilla.  We are also teaching now a wife of a member.  Her name is Jaqalin and she came to church!!!  The members know her and she is progressing well.  The missionaries haven´t worked with her in a really long time and she really likes me and Estrada so hopefully that will all go well.  So that is about all for the work week.  I will have a lot more details on the names of people we are teaching and their progress because they are all very recent and I don´t even remember all of the names.  We had a really good week and we taught 21 lessons which is pretty good!
 
I love you all so much!!
Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment