Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 23, 2012 - Family Email

Hey Family how are all of ya´ll??

So we had a really good week and I am loving Jaén.  Things are going great and we really are working so hard.  My legs have never been so tired in my mission as they were the end of this week.  I don´t think you understand how hilly it is here in Jaén .  Haha it makes me laugh sometimes when we are walking and I walk really fast my companion has to do little jogs to keep up with me.  He is super new and thinks that his arm needs to be touching mine.  Ha I remember I was like that with Elder Shaver for awhile and I think I remember making him mad because I wanted to be right next to him.  We really had a great week and I
can´t complain at all.  Jaén has a lot of people here and yeah they are a little more closed people but you just have to work hard and be obedient and the Lord provides.

So cool little story I finally taught my first Mexican WOOH!!  Go Gus!  Man I really miss that little guy, ha family remember Gus?  Well so this one morning we had just prayed to help us find some one to teach
and we went out contacting.  So these two Spaniards were sitting on a bench doing nothing as they always do and yelled at us to come over.  So we go talk to them and a big old religion and conversation starts up.
 So we are there for like 10 minutes talking to these Spanish men and a little short Latino approaches us and talks to us so I had Elder Rojas talk to him and I stayed with the dudes on the bench.  So my companion got all the information and he said he would come to church and turns out he is a student here from Mexico.  So Sunday comes along and we had called him prior to church and he said he was coming to church but never showed up.  So we set a lesson with him for the afternoon and we went and taught him with Sara who is the Branch missionary who happens to be a 19 year old girl from Mexico.  So we went and taught him and it was great and is so interested in our message.  It also turns out he came to the church and walked in the doors and saw a girl out in the foyer coloring and thought he was at the wrong place and left!!!  We sat out waiting for him for a long time but he never showed and right as we went into class he showed up and
didn´t call us.  So this guys name is Jorge from Mexico first good investigator in Jaén and I got no other investigators to talk about yet! haha.  We taught 12 lessons and found 3 new people and 28 futures and that´s not too bad here in Jaén.  I don´t think anyone here in Jaén was finding 28 futures before.  So this week looks really good.  I also got a call from Elder Lignell and he found a guy in Málaga that lives in the Jaén area that listened to the missionaries 10 years ago and was going to get baptized and the missionaries disappeared.  We are going out to teach him this Wednesday I think.  Really good guy he even has read Jesus the Christ.  I don´t know why an investigator would ever read that book but good for him.  Oh also on the 12th of August we are having a baptism.  Our little Nereya we are teaching took off to Jerez for 3 weeks so she is getting the rest of the lessons from the missionaries there and she comes back the 5th of August and we will teach her the rest and she is getting baptized on the 12th!!!  So cool a baptism here in Jaén.  We  have been trying to find a lot of families out here in Jaén with kids that aren´t baptized and I think we have found like 3 families with kids that are like 12 and not baptized so that will be our focus this next week.  I have to go out to Granada and interview 5 people so they can get baptized.  Elder Shaver is having 5 baptisms next week and I am his District Leader so I have to go waste my whole afternoon out there tomorrow.  Oh so tomorrow is Zone Conference as well here in Granada.  So President Deere came to our ward yesterday and it was awesome.  He gave a great talk about the members working with the missionaries.  Everyone loved him and told me that he is called of God.  I love President  Deere.  He embarrassed us in front of all the members.  HE started with Elder Rojas saying that he is the only member in his family and all that.  Then about me he said I was the best of the best and told everyone that every area I have served in has raised.  The crappy thing is I have to translate that into English to a lady that is from England in the ward and I had to say all that in English about myself it was embarrassing because he completely talked me up and Elder Rojas.

So I am doing great and happy.  I am learning a lot of patience here with Elder Rojas and I need not say more.  He is a great kid and I love speaking Spanish all the time he is just a new missionary and was raised A LOT different than I was.  I love my parents.  I also love my companion.  That is sad to here about Andrew go give him a kiss on the cheek for me and tell him to write me back I never got a letter back from him.  Haha I love Manning he is my best friend I love that kid forever!!  Yeah I always dream in Spanish I have just been so tired I don´t even dream as much so I don´t remember them.

I LOVE YOU.
CODY

No comments:

Post a Comment