Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 16, 2012 - Family Email

Hey,
 
Elder Rojas and Elder Cody opening back up Jaen
Hahahahaha no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am dying here!  I can´t believe he did that!  At the same time that is something he would totally do haha. Man that is so funny I miss that man.  I am so glad you all finally got to meet them, they are incredible huh?  President Clegg definently had a great impact on my mission and I can´t wait to see them again!  Hermana Clegg is like a mother to me she is great as well.  She knows all of the missionaries so well!  Yeah I hope you give here a call sometime that will be really cool because I want to stay in touch with them so that they come to my Home Coming and my wedding. 
 
So one more little thing that I forgot to mention is that I am the District Leader here in Jaén.  I have Elder Shaver and sister missionaries in my district.  I would much rather be a Zone Leader than a District Leader because the District Leaders have to teach every week and the ZL´s only have to like once a month.  However being a DL will make me teach more and I have to study more so that I am looking forward to.  So me, being my personality, I have to make sure I don´t look like a fool so I have studied really hard and I will run my first District meeting tomorrow in Granada.  
 
All the new trainers and new missionaries
 So I am guessing you probably want to hear a little about Jaén.  I feel like I am out in the middle of no where and there is no one that surrounds us.  It is the prettiest area I have seen in the mission so far.  It is a city built on a mountain so it is super hilly but there are trees everywhere and it's so green.  I got here Friday night because I had to go back to Sevilla to do residency.  That made me super mad because I missed out on Día de Diamante but we got to contact 3 hours in Jaén and we got 40 futures so not too bad!!  So my companion is from Paraguay and his name is Luis Guillermo Rojas. Asunción, Ñemby, Ytororo Paragauy.  Haha that is where he is from good luck!  So he is 24 years old and the only member in his family.  He doesn´t have a lot of money but he is a good kid.  He has a really weird personality and he loves kids.  I love him to death haha it´s super funny he asks me for permission to do anything.  He has never left Paragauy and he randomly got his Visa and had to leave the next day so he doesn´t have a lot of his stuff.  He is alright though we just need to shop for some short sleeved shirts and he should be set.  It is really weird speaking Spanish all the time but it´s a lot of fun.  So the Elders before us (here in Jaén) literally left us with nothing so we are starting from ground zero.  We will have a baptism in August though.  A 12 year old girl who´s mom is a less active member named Neyera.  We will start teaching her tomorrow.
 
Okay so super cool story.  The Elders from El Puerto talked to me (and they are natives keep that in mind), but anyways they told me they ran into Sonya and she told them that she wants me to baptize her in broken Spanish.  So I got permission from Elder Manning to call her and I did.  When I told her I was Hafen she started yelling and she told me she wants me to baptize her before I leave and she will travel where ever I may be at.  So that will be awesome!!  She told me she will call me when she gets back from Barcelona.  So the ward here is so good and they are so loving.  They really missed the missionaries.  So we really don´t have any other investigators so there is no one to talk about haha.  Well I love you and keep praying for me.  All I know is that I have to be obedient so that the Lord will bless this area and he already has with this little girl. 
 
Haha I can´t believe he kissed Heather, that is great.
 
Love you all!!
 
Here is my address:
Nuestra Señora Del Perpetuo Socorro 40, 1
23009, Jaén, (Jaén)
España
 
Love,
Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment