Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 9, 2012 - Family Email

Hello Family,

Well wow I am super stoked for my new assignment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to Jaén.  I am going to open up Jaén because it´s closed and I will also be training a new little missionary!!  So Jaén is really close to a big city called Granada kinda on the other side of the mission.  So apparently President Clegg chose me to go there and and then President Deere prayed and felt like I should go there as well.  Jaén is a really hilly place that is a little old city.  I go to the mission home tomorrow for Trainer training and then Wednesday I will go to my new area that me nor my new companion has been in.  So apparently all the new missionaries are natives so I am going to be speaking Spanish non stop for the next little while, yes!!  So the next little bit of my mission is going to be hard.  I will be training, opening up a new area and speaking only Spanish.  I was kinda wondering when my mission was going to get really hard again I have felt kinda normal for awhile.  So I am excited for the opportunity the Lord has given me.  Oh so Elder Peterson is training as well so we will get a cool photo tomorrow.  Elder Shaver will be my Zone Leader as well so we can get a Grandpa, Dad and son photo.
(So yes all of your Sunday school boys are on a mission except Tyler Young, apparently he went out but came home.  I was pretty sad hearing that.)

Kohs Family
So Hermana Koh tells me I am her favorite missionary.  She told me yesterday that she used to be a tour guide here in Sevilla because she is fluent in English so she will take us everywhere here in Sevilla.  She is super excited to get to know you she says.  She is meeting me today to go yell at the people fixing my camera because I leave tomorrow haha.  So I have been taking pictures this whole time with Elder Estrada so here is some!  Elder Estrada is from Holladay, same place and school as Elder Lignell.  I don´t have the address of my new house yet I will tell you tomorrow or I will have Elder Manning email you it.  Yeah I got the CD of Mercy River I love it!  It was the one I wanted. 

Jaquelin and her husband that is a member
Less Active Member that gave him aftershave
So this last week we worked really hard and taught a lot of lessons even though we couldn´t work for two days.  This last transfer Elder Estrada and I found 32 new investigators.  I think I have found around that same number all my transfers.  Manolo kinda dropped us and I am not sure why.  He said he is super busy this week and that is about all.  However we are seeing another miracle with a girl named Lesly.  She came to church again and she is going to get baptized soon.  I haven´t really taught her a lot and she really likes me.  (she told a member we use to go teach her with that she loves me, super scary good thing I am leaving Sevilla.)  I have seen a really big change in her and she is reading and really has found faith in God again.  It will be really good for when her kids come here to live with her.  The family from Ecuador is doing great.  We set a baptismal date with Meryan and she is excited.  They came to church yesterday, well the mom, Meryan and the little boy Juan that is 8.  Alba is good and they are talking to the parents of her to sign a form to let her go to EFY.  She is so excited and she still comes to church every Sunday.  So overall I love Sevilla it is amazing.  There is a lot of prepared people here and I am going to a place that I have been waiting for for a long time.  I am ready for a challenge and for something hard!  I know I am going to be very humbled there because it is a hard area that is why is was closed for 6 weeks.  So I will have an interesting email next week  Pray for me please.  This Friday we are doing another day of diamonds  "Día de Diamante" so pray to help me and my companion find people in Jaén.  I love you all so much.  It was a pleasure to be a Zone Leader and I had so much fun and now I am ready to pick up my mission even more and push myself to be more like the Savior. 

She has done the new blog spot here apparently, is it the same???
spainmalagamission.blogspot.com.es

Love,
Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment