Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30, 2012 - Family Email

Nadia and Elder Lignell
Feria Girls, Ooo la la
Hello Family,

So this last week was filled with miracles as well!  Ya girl Nadia got baptized finally!!  It was a great baptism!  I didn´t have to baptize which was good.  I love baptizing people but I would much rather someone in the ward do it because that member will be in the ward for forever and they will have a connection.  That is what I wanted for Nadia but Elder Lignell baptized her which is cool.  I was gonna give her the Holy Ghost but I wanted a member to do it.  So that is what went down with Nadia.  We had the baptism yesterday right after church and a lot of people stayed around to watch which is good.  That is the problem here in Sevilla the ward sucks so bad at helping us.  It really is the worst place with members and missionary work but I love Sevilla.  Nadia is good and she is happy.  Elder Seely, which I love to death, he´s like a Manning to me had two baptisms on Saturday. So, Sevilla is just rocking out!

SO, this last week we had a holiday in Sevilla called the Feria.  Well it is just a giant party were you just dance and drink!  All the girls dress in Flamenco dresses haha. I love the dresses I wanna make Heather buy one and wear it one day!  So I have a picture of one of them!  We tried to find pretty girls to get pictures with, but we weren't in the street much so we didn´t find the prettiest girls.  So the Feria put a little damper on the week but we still taught 20 lessons which is the goal of the mission.  That goal is pretty hard to reach, you have to have a good pool of investigators.  We found 4 new ones this week and two of them already have a baptismal date.  So we now have a total of 8 fechas (dates).  I am going to call them fechas from now on it takes too much time saying the other thing.  So we dropped Pacos fecha because he won't get baptized on the 5th but we are still working with him!  Saturday morning we were doing spilts and I was with Elder Dunoskovic, that is Elder Mannings Dad in the mission, his trainer.  I love him he was my first District leader in Cáceres.  So we found these two ladies on the street that were searching for a  church close to their home so we took them to the church and taught them!  They then returned that night to the baptism and then they came to church all 3 hours then they stayed for the baptism and then came back to the church at 6:00 and we taught them again and I set a fecha with them for the 19th of May!  They are soooo prepared!  I love them.  They are just two ladies from Peru that are here working alone in Spain and they are sweeties!  Their names are Isabel and Grace.  The other people are doing great.  Julian is a champ, he didn´t come to church we aren´t sure why, but I am sure he is fine because he loves us.  Lorena and the two girls are great.  The girls love us and they are reading.  Lorena is doing well, she has a lot of problems and kinda went atheist and she loves that we are trying to help her.  They all came to church as well.  We are also teaching the whole family from Peru and focusing on the girl that is 14, Bridgette.  She came to church and she has a really good friend that is a member here and she just ran along with her all Sunday!  So things are looking great here and the Lord is spoiling me I swear!  I am not doing anything!  I just obey and be persistent!  Oh so Julies' father is a jerk, and we haven´t been able to talk to her or Carina (the mom).  So we will see what happens this next week. I will keep you up to date.
Nadia and Cody

I got the package! Thank you soooo much!  I totally forgot to tell you I am out of tooth paste!!!!!!!!!!  I am an idiot!  I am sorry! The baby Einstiens look great you are amazing mother I will give them to the family, that is Bridgettes family!  We are still going through the 94 futures.  We find like 200 futures a transfer so it´s a long proccess and a lot of people lie and give you wrong numbers and all that! 

Love,
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment