Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 16, 2012 - Family Email

José Luis and Carmen's Baptism (April 14, 2012)
Okay cool I am glad I got that done with.

So one thing real quick I need an all white tie mine has been stolen or something.  Send the package to my piso yes.  I am going to be here one more transfer!  Manning is going AP!!!

Hahah YES!  So my Zone totally won the "Día de Díamante"!!!!  it means the "The day of Diamonds"  Me and the Lignell got 94 futures by ourselves.  We won every companionship in the mission by 30.  The closest to us was like 62 or something!  Haha I will never forget that day in my life.  I stood by my companion and literally talked non stop all day long and yeah it was amazing.  We also found 5 ancient inactive members.  So that was a great experience along with the baptism this week!  I love contacting, so, I was happy all day long and I am really good at getting peoples numbers.  When ya´ll come out to get me I will contact with you so you can see it.  I love the little south Americans they don´t stand a chance!  I found a lot of good people and a lot of younger people which is the best to baptize so they will raise their family in the gospel.  I found like 3 of the most amazing girls.  We are teaching one of them today named Alaska.  She is from Peru and we visited her yesterday at her house and we gave her a Book of Mormon and told her to read the introduction.  I also found this other Bolivian girl I am pretty sure wanted to be my friend she so told me haha.  I also gave a Book of Mormon to this lady from Nicaragua and I talked to her for like 10 minutes and it was the most spiritual contact of my life.  She told me she works two jobs and it will be impossible to talk to her but she gave me her number and I called her to make sure it worked and everything.  When I entered her the number to call her it already existed in my phone and it was her name under  "I Fatima".  I already had a girls number under Fatima and she had a completely different number.  It was like a miracle that she popped up in my phone and I feel like it was a sign from God that she will accept the gospel.  She said she has never talked to missionaries before.  She was a really cute lady that is 28 and has one child that lives in her country, Nicaragua.  She works here and lives without her family.  I told her I will call her to see how the reading is going and everything.  Really good day!!

Carmen and Elder Cody (April 14, 2012)

Yes that is right José Luis and Carmen got baptized.  I ended up baptizing Carmen and Lignell baptized José Luis and it was amazing.  We had 5 baptisms that day because the other area in Sevilla got 3.  This week was really crazy and we didn´t get to do much because I had do interview 4 people and we had one day of all contacting.  So the baptism was awesome!  Carmen was so happy and excited the whole time!  They brought 3 non member friends!!  They are unreal and just love the church.  One of the members ended up confirming them the Holy Ghost so that was good.  They are just amazing!  The best thing is that they are moving to the USA next month so they will live close to us.  They are going to live with Carmens brother that is a MEMBER.  He works in the Atlanta temple!  We are excited I want to go out to their sealing in a year maybe!  Wow I am taking forever to write an email I am sorry!  I have to go soon.  I had to write Elder Waite back and to Dusty a little bit.  We have already  found 2 new investigators from the day of contacts!  It is a long process to make them become investigators.  I am loving the mission and I hope I have answered all of your questions! 
José Luis and Carmen
OH flavor I would like some old spice pure sport and AXE Fresh I really don´t care what flavor just not the white ones because they ball up and fall out of my pits.  I love you all and I hope this was somewhat of a cool letter.  It was a great week and as a zone we had 7 baptisms this weekend!  Go Sevilla!  I love you all!  Thanks for the flowers JUDE!  You are the best mom ever!
Love,
ELDER CODY

No comments:

Post a Comment