Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 9, 2012 - Family Email

Good Morning Family,

Isn't he so cute
Wow I am sorry I didn´t even look at the calender to see that it was your anniversary!  I am sorry!  I have just memorized the birthdays and double check myself here and there!  Well happy anniversary!  So I was wondering if you could help me out!  I need deodorant again!  Could you buy a different flavor?  And if it is possible that movie that is a baby Einstein? Oh there is this group of girls that sing gospel songs named Mercy River.  Could you see if they have a CD?  I am pretty sure they do.  That is all!  Thanks parents!! Oh and print out all of the engagement pics of Brady.  Wow that is crazy!! He really is getting married.  Well they look great, I am super excited for them.  I think about them a lot, me and Brady we're close!  It is gonna suck not having him there to help when I get home!  I remember helping Brady haha, we got super close.  Oh well I have Heather!  She will do a better job and she looks a lot better than Brady.  Oh mother before I forget Elder Manning is upset because you didn´t write him back haha.  So write him back, he feels bad!  Yes I remember Josh really loved Annie the whole time he was dating the other girl.  He always told me to like her to cover it.  I am happy they are writing each other haha.   
The Elders were trying to be cool like Cody
Last week  was really good, but a little slow due to the big holiday they do here in Spain.  So this last week was called Holy Week or Semana Santa.  It is a giant Catholic holiday were they just worship the death of Christ, Mary and idols.  They are insane.  I saw a video of all the people worshiping the Virgin Mary.  The hooded people, I have no idea what they do, something like they are sinners or something weird.  So every year during this week in Spain it rains like crazy.  I remember last year it rained like crazy and ruins a lot of the Holy Week parties because they charge the streets with floats and all that jazz.  So it always rains and ruins the holiday.  It is a sign from God that they shouldn´t be doing it.  Ya me and the Shaver are close.  We had a really good time in Cáceres, we worked our butts off and we were frustrated a lot.  It is like the Sons of Mosiah, when they reunited they were rejoicing and all that.  We just love each other.  It is something about the work of the Lord.  Plus he is my father in the mission and going to the field at first sucks and it is a very humbling time.  Also he only had 9 weeks in the field when he got me!  So we were youngies!  I love that kid, we spend a lot of time together at Concilio.

Pics are of my church here in Sevilla, it is HUGE!  How could our church not be true??
So this last week was great.  Jose Luis and Carmen Rosa are doing excellent.  They are getting baptized for sure!  Elder Lignell and I will be doing the baptizing and the confirming but we don´t know who will do what yet.  Hahaha get this José has now read the entire gospel principles book from cover to cover and Carmen is in Alma 50 and José is in 2 Nephi 18.  They are just machines!!  They are amazing and miracles.  So yes they will be getting baptized on Jerames birthday right?  Happy Birthday my favorite brother!  The other people are doing good as well.  Paul still comes to church but still hasn´t dropped the bad habits.  So yeah that is a little sad but he wants to change.  Oh in the blog do you see me doing the Iron Man stance with my fist on the ground?????  Yeah I look siiiiiiiiiick!  I did that for all of you! The family from Peru is great except Yovana and Isabel arean´t married so we will have to work on that!  Isabel has a daughter that we can baptize so we are going to start focusing on her a lot.  We have a lesson with them today!  Nadia we haven´t seen her all week, she is working like crazy and it is near impossible to talk to her.  One day she will get baptized.  Paco the old Spanish guy is going good, I think he now realizes he needs to pray to know and not find out all the little facts.  Well I need to write Dusty back and Jerame a little love note telling him happy birthday!  Well I love you all and I am doing great!  I love the mission and my comp is a good guy.  Oh we had an Emergency transfer and there is a new kid in my apartment with Elder Seely.  How is Mitt Romney?  I have heard a lot about him?  Updates please!
Love and Kisses, 
CODY

No comments:

Post a Comment