Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 2, 2012 - Family Email

Zone Conference Training
Hey everyone!!!  I am trying to be quick and good all at the same time.  I have to catch a train to Málaga soon!  Yep that is right I have another Zone Leader Conference deal.  So that means I have my nice suit on.  When I arrive there I will make sure that I get a picture taken.  I will ask Hermana Clegg to do it or Manning or Shaver.  So YEAH!!!!!  I was the only one in my Zone that saw cha boy Archuletta and no one believed me!!  I knew I saw him with the red tie and all.  Well to be honest I love the kid now.  He sings really good Christmas music and we still listen to him with out it being Christmas.





Zone Conference Training
I really loved conference.  It was really nice and José and Carmen both came.  They couldn´t Sunday afternoon but they came to the first one and José came to priesthood.  This last week was awesome with them.  We set the 14th as their baptism date.  So they are for sure getting baptized together!  They are the most prepared people I have ever met.  They are amazing people.  This last week we gave them a Gospel Principles book to study and they did.  We went into their home ready to teach a lesson about the ten commandments and Carmen had a question about tithing.  So we stopped and started teaching tithing and she taught the whole lesson better than I would have ever done.  She read the section in the book and then taught us all of it and she was amazed and said again that this is the true Church.  They also watched a video of last general conference and it was like a sum up/high light video.  José told me they seem like angels.  So I am sure they enjoyed conference.  Well Paul is doing good kinda.  He told us yesterday after we had watched conference that he is smoking and making sex with his girlfriend.  That was what he exactly said.  So he told us that he will for sure get baptized we just need to work with him more and really commit him to repent and follow the commandments.  Haha he is the cutest man, he calls us big brother and hugs us and tells us that he loves us.  He is a good guy.  So Nadia is doing well.  She still is way busy and right now is sick so we couldn´t meet with her this last week.  We talked with her mom and she said that she is doing well and reading.  We obviously didn´t get the chance to tell her to pull out the rings.  So we have another excellent investigator named Ionica from Romania.  She came to the Sunday morning session and after she just told me that was really emotional for her and that she just loved it.  She is amazing as well I love her to death.  She works two jobs and gets a half hour break between both of them.  She is a really busy lady and really smart.  She usually always comes to church.  I have taught her twice and that was due to it being holidays.  So with time she should get in the water.

We met some snakes this week.  They are the girls or women that want to marry you (the American missionaries).  Haha Elder Lignell told them that I have a girlfriend so they backed off from me.  The scary thing is that they are 19 years old.  They are from Peru and they are fat.  However I think they have real potential and could be good investigators.  They are named Lesli and Fresia.  They are cousins I believe and Lesli has a little sister named Erica that we met on the street.  Lesli has two children and one is 4 years old!  So that was kind of weird.  She is in love with Elder Lignell it´s hilarious.  We only go there if the mom is there or the father.  We actually found them through the mom, I stopped the mom in the street and then we called her one day and she told us to come teach her daughters.  Oh so we are teaching a family from Peru and they just love us.  They are so cool and really should be baptized I think.  We teach Isabel and Yovana.  They live in the same home and I think they are sister in laws.  They are so good, they just work on Sunday and I don´t think Isabel is married.  Isabel came to conference last night at 6.  They liked it I think.  They brought a lot of little kids and the 4 year old Rachel loves me haha.  So Yovana is an amazing lady and was wondering if I could get her some of the baby Einsteins in English because she wants her kids to learn it.  So could you maybe find that mom?  I think they want an infant one and one for like 4 years old and younger aged?  I hope they aren´t expensive, she is like begging me!  Well that was about all the week wrapped up the best I could!  I hope it all makes sense.  Oh and this Spaniard named Paco came to conference.  He believes in God a lot but he doesn´t believe in Joseph Smith and he just wants to figure everything out with out faith.  He looks like a lot of fun.  I will have to pull out the Bible and do some authority and restoration scriptures.  So tomorrow Elder Peterson is giving us a ride home from Málaga to Sevilla so I am stoked to get to spend more time with him!  Well I love you all!


So there is the most famous Holiday in Spain going on this week and this how they dress up to start worshiping images and stuff.  They love Mary and the saints and the death of Christ.  So my comp found these little kids so we ran and got a pic with them.

Love you,
Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment