Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, April 2, 2012

March 19, 2012 - Email to Family

Hello family that I love!
Zone Leader Training
 
How are all you? Mother my guess is that you wrote that last email on your phone??  Because there was a lot of letters with out spaces in them.  Well I bet that was fun looking for that dress with Jaycee, she looks great.  I bet you just loved getting to do that!  Well that is good you finally got to see Heather, don´t let her be a stranger!  I am excited to see the home and all that one day.  Elder Manning asked me that you keep talking to his parents about picking us up.  He told me that his brother will be picking him up for sure and wants you all to fly out together.  So get his parents now!  So this last week was a lot fun.  We had Zone Leader Conference which you already know of and it was great to see my boys Peterson and Manning.  I am in love with them.  I really know that the Lord wanted me to be called February 23 and to go through the mission together with them.  I feel like they are my brothers like The Son´s of Mosiah.  I was thinking about that this morning.  So I am trying to think, oh yeah so I bought Brady a birthday present and I just need to send it in the mail.  It is sick, I got a steal on a jersey and bought a Barcelona jersey that is like a neon peach color.  I know he will love it.  I will try and send it out today if the time allows me to.  I am always running sorry, and today I have to prepare a lesson for the Zone we are going to teach on the 22nd.  So I am doing excellent, besides my knee, I can´t really run or jump anymore.  It hurts on the outside of my knee next to the knee cap.  It doesn´t hurt at all walking only if I attempt to run so I haven´t played soccer in like 3 weeks. 
 
So this week a little miracle happened to me and Elder Lignell.  So there is this little neighborhood that me and Elder Waite just destroyed.  We have like 5 or 7 investigators in this little area all with in a 5 seconds walk distance.  We knocked almost every door and there is a total of yeah 7 people we teach there.  The only thing that sucks is that none of them progress.  So me and Elder Lignell were trying to pass by these homes and we turning to one of the apartments and this Spanish man stops us.  We didn´t even see him next to us.  He is this really nice clean guy with tight running shorts on about to go exercise.  He told us that his brother in law is a member of the church in Atlanta Georgia.  We asked if we could talk to him and he said of course and he lives right in front of where we were standing.  So later that night we went over to his house and he was there with his wife from Peru.  They are married (thank heavens) and they are just the nicest people in the world.  His name is José Luis and Carmen Rosa.  We taught them and then two days later we passed by and taught them the Restoration and it was excellent.  They understand everything well and they actually read for us.  The next day they both came to church on time to the investigators class and the teacher is AMAZING.  She is the cutest lady from Argentina named Marina.  She is so good to the investigators and the class was about Christ and it was amazing.  They had to of loved church and the members were really nice to them.  I felt the spirit so strong that day.  So that was something that really was amazing this week.  All of our hard work paid off in that little area that me and Elder Waite had spent a lot of time.  Nadia is doing well, she is coming to the activities in the church and believes all that we teach her and feels more comfortable about being baptized.  She did just get a lip ring this week which was kinda a shocker to us.  She needs some better influence in her life.  Her mom has told us that she has rough friends.  SO please pray for these people.  The week was good though we worked hard and we were gone for 2 days out the week in Málaga.  So that was a my week, other than that the normal good old missionary work!
 
Zone Leader Training
Zone Leader Training
Love you all!
 
CODY

No comments:

Post a Comment