Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 2, 2012 - Email to Family


Hey how are all you??

So I am confused with all the packages.  So did Heather send one or two packages??  Because I didn´t get a Christmas one from her yet.   Hey I got my Birthday package!!!  That was my favorite one because of the calender!!  Wow Jude good job,  LOVE it.  So forgive me today if this letter is hard to understand or shorter because this keyboard is absolutely horrible.  It is driving me INSANE!  The key "i", I have to push it twice so it will work.  But anyways how was New Years?  Sounds like you all had a really good time!  So Damon seems super good.  He wrote me back and told me that he is a Zone Leader; good for him, I am not surprised.  He is tearing it up.  I need to write him back though again haha.  Haha no WAY DEVIN!  Good for him, that´s all my doing though, it was all because I wanted to date Montana that he met BROOKE.  WOW.  Haha crap I owe him 50 bucks, I told him if he dated her throughout all of High School I would give him 50 bucks.  Good for them.  Tell him to send me an invite.

So New Years was kinda boring we had to be back into the house at 6 unless we had a lesson set up. Well no one invited us over so we passed the night in the house and went to bed on time and slept through the New Year it was awesome haha.   I was super tired and didn´t even hear all the loud noises.  People were already partying at 6 when we were walking home; singing, dancing and being merry (just like Laman Lemuel and the daughters of Ishmael).  So yeah that was about it, it´s still Holidays until the sixth.  Here in Spain they celebrate the kings, they don´t do the whole Santa deal.  They have adopted the idea, but they just have a Holiday from the 6th of December until the 6th of January.  Everyone we talk to says "Si puedo hablar despues de los reyes"  so we have to wait until then which really puts a damper on the work.  But that's okay I am good.  So we haven´t talked with Jhardelin this last week because they are all the way in Madrid for the Holidays and really everyone else is gone.  We did a lot of contacting this week and talking with less actives.  We had a really good lesson with a girl that is 15 and got baptized almost a year ago.  She is a little inactive here and there.  Her parents used to come to church but they are totally inactive but this girl is a sweet heart  love her to death.  Good girl, her name is Maika.  She still reads every night and prays.  Petri is really messed up.  She is obeying the commandments and everything but she doesn´t remember a single thing we teach her.  She is messed in the head because she has had a tragic life and now she really is messed, but she feels it.  That is all that matters is that she feels the truth!  The Africans are doing really good but they didn´t come to church because they went to bed at 7 in the morning and Sonya called us on the way to go walk with them and told us she just woke up and could not make it because they went to bed too late.  But Sonya is doing well and reading all the chapters we give her.  We are going to teach her today.  Her friend Vera is kinda here and there, she is working a lot and it´s hard to teach her frequently.  Adrian got home from vacations sick so he will get baptized the 14th!  For sure.   So I am looking forward to that.  I contacted this girl one night and she just happened to be from Russia and I got her number and  talked to her the other night and she told us we can talk to her after the new year, so I am stoked because she is Christian.  I am more excited to teach her because Alona, the member from Russia is the BEST person in the world to teach with.  SO hopefully that will work out.  They are both from Russia so that will be crunchy toast.  Oh and Alona´s mother is here from Russia.
So bam, I go a new camera, I got 25 EUROS of reward with it too. I got a Nice case and a 4 gb card with it. It´s called the Nikon cool pix S4150. It´s super nice and 14 mega pixel.  I got it for 119.  So that is about all I have for you.  I can´t believe that I am turning 20 tomorrow!!!  I am sooooo OLD!  Well I love you all sooooo much.  
I am giving those shirts to the boy tonight and I will take pictures.  He may start crying, HE LOVES QUICKSILVER.  I am excited, thanks for doing that for him!  The hair cutting pictures are actually of the boy.  His name is Marcelo from Bolivia.


No comments:

Post a Comment