Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 23, 2012 - Family Email

Hello Family I love ya'll.
This is one of my favorite families in the ward

Well this week was a little stressful and a little sad, but really good at the same time.  So Sonia, yes mom that it is how it is spelled.  So Sonia didn't get baptized, yet.  We are working with her; she had a horrible week.  We warned her that this week was going to be hard and she just said I got it - don't worry.  So what went down is that she got interviewed on Tuesday and everything went well and she passed.  So the next day she tells us that she doesn't know if she is going to be in town for her baptism because she has to go to Valencia the other side of Spain to go and pick up her friend that is flying in and doesn't know anyone or have any EUROS.  So that was stressing her out and she was trying to find flights and stuff to get back home in enough time.  So then Thursday we go over there and she is sitting on the floor in her house and looks like someone had killed her dog.  So we get in there and she tells us that her father is in the hospital and he can't speak.  She then tells us that her best friend that was living with her Vera had moved away on Tuesday and her family called Sonia and told her that Vera's father just died.  So Sonia had to call Vera in Denmark and tell her that her father died. So to do that Sonia called some friends over to help break the news to her.  So when some one in Africa dies they scream and wail and cry.  So Vera started screaming and crying and all the friends of Sonia and Vera got arrested.  So Sonia felt horrible and couldn't find another flight and had to go out of town on her baptism.  She has been telling us all her life that she has been waiting to get baptized.  So she came home late on Saturday night and came to church and the Stake Presidency was there because they just released our Branch President and the Stake President heard I was leaving so he asked me to bear my testimony.   I go do so and I cried a little bit because I love the branch of course. Well after sacrament Sonia was sad because she didn't get baptized and mad because I am leaving.  She started crying and told me I can't go and all that stuff.  It was sad and I told her she would be okay.  She told me that the other people aren't the same as me.  I told her the new missionary would be here and all would be okay.  So Sonia is up in the air right now.  She needs to relax and start reading the Book of Mormon more.  I will say bye to her and Tuesday. 
Soup Kitchen workers we help serve the homeless on Fridays

So speaking of leaving El Puerto I received a call on Friday night.  I picked it up and it was President Clegg.  He told me right away "Are you ready to leave Puerto?" haha so I said yes sir.  He told me I am going Zone Leader in Sevilla!!!!!  I am soo nervous!  My new companion is an old AP.  His name is Elder Wait.  I am so scared.  He told me I was going to make you district leader but that I didn't want to put you as a district leader for one transfer and I knew I wanted you as a Zone Leader soon.  So I am looking forward to Sevilla.  I will have the biggest zone in all the mission.  Also Elder Wait only has one transfer left and then he is done with the mission.  So that means I have to take over as Zone Leader in Sevilla in March as the senior Zone Leader!!  I am nervous but the Lord has called me.  I  am excited to serve with Elder Wait.  Of course he is amazing, he was an AP.  So that is where I will be heading off! 
Investigator her name is Pepi.  70 years old Spaniard

Lets see, we dropped Henry and Paloma like a month or two ago, I thought I told you that.  They were wasting our time, I was sad but they really didn't care or listen to us.  I told you that Betty didn't want anything to do with us anymore.  She told us that all we want to do is baptize people.  She thinks it's a game we play as missionaries to see how many people we can baptize.  How did she now? haha kidding.  Numbers don't mean anything.  So that is about all I have for you mom!  I got a boil again on my neck last Tuesday and I have been doing everything you asked me with the pills and nose stuff.  Am I eating something to cause it??  No idea.

Love you all - Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment