Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Sunday, December 25, 2011

December 18, 2011 - Email to Family

Hello family!

So cool I got your last package!  This last week was rather interesting!  Well really interesting.  But thank you for the package I got it this last Wedensday because Brother Ortegon had us over for dinner.  I am really suprised you haven´t got the packages yet.  He sent them two weeks ago today, they should be getting there any day now.  I hope they get there soon, they must be all caught back in the Christmas rush of things.  Don´t worry about not being home for Christmas.  Heather is too afraid to talk to me anyway. 

I am a little sad lately, I am getting really tired of not seeing the fruit of my labors here in El Puerto.  I am trying really hard to find people to teach and giving it all I got, it´s just really hard.  t month and I just don´t know about them.  I feel like I have to do a lot on my own here.  I will tell you more at Christmas.  But Mom, don´t worry about me I am fine and happy.  I don´t want you all worried and all that, Smile :)

So this week was rather strange.  Here we were one night just trying to get into Moises´ house and the black lady asks me if I am cold because I never wear a jacket or a sweater, they bother me.  We talk to her for like 5 minutes and get her number, she speaks english not spanish.  She told us she would come to church the next week with her friend and she didn´t.  But we call her and we set up a lesson to teach her Wednesay morning and we went in there and teach her and her friend.  They are rich, we are sitting there wondering how they have a huge screen tv.  So we start talking more and I ask her what her job is and she told me that she´s not gonna lie, she works at a club, she is a stripper.  So, we talk to the ladies and they are really nice and they are Christians.  They are both from Nigeria, the one lady that stopped us in the street and asked me if I was cold is named Vera and her friend is named Sonya.  Vera doesn´t speak English well, but the other lives in Norway and is very smart and reads the Bible.  So we teach them a short lesson on Wednesday, it´s called lesson 0 and it´s just a summary of everything we teach. 

On Friday we go to teach them again, and Vera had to take off and go to work, so we stayed and taught Sonya (the really smart one) the Restoration and she loved it!  She remembered every single little detail about the lesson before about the restoration. So we left her with some Books of Mormons, and invite her to church on Sunday with Vera.  She said Vera won't come because she works too late.  So Sunday morning comes along and we go to pick up Sonya and she is ready and we walk to church.  She is a really nice nice lady.  We take her to church and the members were awesome to her.  So good.  She stayed the whole 3 hours and she said she liked it a lot.  So we teach her a lesson during the seccond hour about the sacrament and baptism and she told us she wants to get baptized she just has to stop doing what she is doing.  She then told us that she is a prostitute.  WOW!!!!  She makes 10 grand a week up in Norway, and she is here in Spain for 6 months on vacation.  She we keep telling her she needs to change and she said she would get baptized.  But she said she CANNOT change because she sends a lot of her money to Africa where her family is suffering.  We are working on the whole faith and trusting in God.  She is awesome though!  I never thought I would teach a prostitute on my mission.  She isn´t working right now.  She actually really is a pretty lady and really funny.  So no worries she isn´t gonna bite us, we have talked to the Zone leaders about her and everything. 

Elena is doing alright, she didn´t make it to church this week and we didn´t teach her.  We see her almost everyday in the street while she waits to get picked up by her boyfriend.  She is really busy with the Holidays and everything.  She still loves the message and wants to hear more.  Elihu, I am mad we didn´t teach him last Saturday because he wasn´t home or wouldn´t answer the door.  He also never answers his phone so it´s near impossible to meet with him.  Especially when he lives 30 minutes away by bus.  Adrian is doing really good, we are going to baptize him the first week in January.  His dad comes the 22nd of this month, and the dad doesn´t like the church so they don´t want drama for his baptism.  So that will have to wait.  So this last week Henry and Paloma ditched us twice so we are done wasting our time there.  I think that is everyone! 

So Christmas we will be doing SKYPE at the Petersons home and they have really nice computers and said we can go into seperate rooms so it´s private.  We will be calling you at 6:00 to 6:30 here in SPAIN.  SO you all need to figure out the time distance because last time I ruined it.  Just stay logged on and around until we add you and start talking.  I will probably use my account again.  Well I am good and I am happy, no worries, just stressed about the work, I should be right?!  I shouldn´t ever feel relaxed!  Well I love you all so very much, I cannot wait to talk to ya´ll!

Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment