Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 7, 2013 - Family Email

Hey Family,

So this last week was fun and successful thanks to the Lord.

So New Years Eve we got to stay out until 12 and then go home.  So we went to the same house that invited us on Christmas Eve.  We got to teach a lesson as well and Micaela, Lidia and Maxi were there.  I have a photo of it all.  
So for my Birthday I didn´t tell anyone but some how Noelia the little Spanish girl remembered that it was my birthday and they had a mini party when we went over to their house to teach them. I have some photos of the family.  Also my companion gave me two ties and made me breakfast.  Other than that nothing really happened because I didn´t want people to know.  I got two letters from Heather the night right before my birthday so that was nice.


Inma and the family

Inma and the family
Well I am sorry but this keyboard is awful and I am trying to write the best I can and the fastest I can.  This week was great.  Maxi´s family situation hasn´t gotten better or worse.  We have started teaching Luis the father and he is doing well.  He has tried to fix things but he has things to change.  The mom Lidia is really hard headed and doesn´t want to humble herself yet and try to fix things.  They are both amazing and I love them to death.  Micaela is doing well and she always reads and is progressing.  I want to try and get her baptized with out the parents because they have some things to fix and the bishop is going to give them a class about eternal marriage and all that.  So pray for them.  The Spanish family is great.  The one bad thing is that the daughter Laura now doesn´t want to get baptized and so she is being rebellious but the mom and Noelia are going to get baptized on Friday.  So I never talked to you all about this girl that has been coming to church since she was nine and so for three years now.  Her step mom is from Brazil and is a member.  She has been taking her to church these last 3 years and wanting to get baptized but her mom wont let her.  So we told her we are going to pray and you need to go tell your mom that you want to get baptized.  She did so and we got a phone call from the step mom and now Noemi the girl will be baptized this Saturday!!  She is Spanish too.  So this next week we will have 3 baptisms that are Spanish.  We met some new Cubans this week that actually want to progress.  The others kind of dropped us.  The new Cubans are named Yirian and Alberto.  Really good young couple and they are really wanting to get baptized too.  So we will see with them.  
Maxi and Micaela and some Argentine people

Hey this last week a member from Sevilla came in and he is my favorite.  He wants to go out to dinner when we are in Sevilla he also knows Elder Manning good.  His name is Dani Blanco and he served in Salt lake about two years ago.  He is a good guy and he married someone here in my ward in Malaga.  So keep that in plans please when ya´ll come out.


I love you all!!

Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment