Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 14, 2013 - Family Email

Hello Family,

Well this last week was unreal!!  Except Inma and her family dropped off the face of the earth.  I literally just got a text saying that we can´t go to the house anymore.  Well that is sad.

I do have good news!!  Noemy and Micaela got baptized!!!  They were both amazing baptisms and I baptized both of them.  I felt very privileged!  
 
Micaela

Noemy
So this last week we went to go and talk to Maxi and the family and we decided that we wanted Micaela to get baptized because she always reads and loves church.  So we asked her if she wanted to get baptized and she said YES.  She  always wanted to get baptized I think just all the problems with the family it just didn´t happen.  So she wanted me to baptize her and I was like of course!  I love that girl so much.   She is my very good friend.  Maxi didn´t want to baptize her and she wanted me to do it.    Her baptism was great and a lot of members came to see it.  This last Sunday Elder Peroni gave her the Holy Ghost and that was a really good experience for him.  The parents are still fighting and it´s not looking pretty.  The mom mentioned that she wants to get baptized before I take off, so that is awesome!!

Micaela and her Family
Also with Noemy she wanted me to baptize her and she is awesome as well I love her to death.  I am very excited for Málaga because they didn´t have any young women hardly a year ago.  Now there is six that are active and they only had 2 a year ago.  So Noemy was so excited for her baptism and a lot of members were there as well.  She is going to be a great leader in the church and she is Spanish.  Her step mom is from Brazil right next door to were dad served.  So I will put a picture of her too.  

Noemy and her Step Mother
So other than that this week we really weren´t able to do a lot.  We got Inma and the daughter interviewed but now they don´t want anything to do with us.  So that is all. I feel really bad.  The Cubans are doing okay and we weren´t really able to teach them do to the baptisms.  A man from the Philippians came to church and he is a member and served a mission but has been inactive for a very long time.  He told us he wants his kids to get baptized and everything so we will do that for sure. 

Well I ended the Book of Mormon today in Spanish! It took me one year, but I understood everything and really studied it.  I love that book.  I prayed when I finished and the Lord reconfirmed my testimony.  I felt the spirit last night praying about it and this morning. 
Micaela
Yes I worked in Foothill my Junior and Senior year and I started the summer after sophomore year,
 
Well that is all!  I love you all!
 
Love,
CODY

No comments:

Post a Comment