Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 4, 2012 - Family Email

Yay!!!  my brother is finally married! 

Well that is cool!  I was wanting some more pictures but it´s cool.  I feel really bad that I wasn´t  there, but to be honest I didn´t even think about it this last weekend.  I actually forgot until late Saturday night that he was getting married!  So I want some pictures!!  The wedding looked great but I don´t even know what it looked like and I will try to find the video.  Okay so I watched it you look really happy mom!  Well I hope the whole wedding was really fun and good!  I wanted to see my family at the wedding!  No one took pictures???????

So this last week was really busy!  I haven´t felt so tired in a long time.  I had to wake up an hour earlier than usual two days in a row for transfers so that took a toll on me.  After moving out of apartments by your self is a lot of work and especially cleaning a house where missionaries have lived in for a year just leaving junk and a lot of missionaries that go home all left out of Sevilla.  Elder Seely and I literally did all of the work until Elder Estrada came in and he really helped a lot.  We put in a large amount of time to the point we hardly got to work, but the last two days we taught nine lesson with people and set 3 fechas (dates) of baptism.  So we got Loana for the 23rd of this month.  Loana is doing great and really progressing.  She used to not talk to the missionaries and was a really rude girl.  She is actually 14, I am not sure where you got 7 from.  She has been to church 3 times and been to a baptismal service.  She has really opened up to us and talks and jokes around.  The other two dates are for the 30th of this month and their names are Rosalia and Olga.  They are from Bolivia and really good ladies.  Olga has a lot of interest and really progressing and has read a lot of the Book of Mormon.  We brought them to the church and they loved it and Rosalia filmed parts of the church so that she could keep looking at them haha.  We have had a good week with Katerine, Rosa and Lorena.  They are doing well and better.  They keep drinking coffee but they can get rid of it.  Katerine wants to wait until her testing is all done to be baptized which is at the end of this month.  So all is looking well investigator wise.  That is all that happened this week, sorry it was so boring but transfers was really hard Elder Estrada and I were running to every side of the city all day long and then we were cleaning so that is kind of the life of a Zone Leader sometimes. 

I am doing well!  I am always good, the mission isn´t about me. I figured out that I am not here for me so maybe that´s why I don´t talk a lot about me.  I really just have forgotten me and I don´t ever have any complaints.  I am just in such a routine I don´t recognize anything anymore.  I really didn´t enjoy my time with Lignell that much.  I mean he was a funny kid but not a good example in anyway for the zone I thought.  So maybe that is why I never talked about me because I never felt good or the spirit with him.  I didn´t like teaching with him one bit.  He doesn´t care for the people or doesn´t know how to give and serve.  He was a very selfish person.  However I love my new comp he is a good kid!  He speaks perfect Spanish and really good at the work.  He is a special Elder.  He has been out for 10 months and grew up speaking Spanish in the home.  He was born in Guatemala but grew up in Utah.  His brother served the same time with Elder Waite in the Barcelona Mission so he and his brother were in Spain at the same time.  We are going to tear the city apart here in Sevilla.  I really am super happy don´t worry about me I just didn´t feel good in the other apartment with Lignell and Masterson.  Me and Elder Seely are a lot more happy and content. 

So the new piso we moved into is a joke!  Don´t send anything to it yet because it is super crappy.  We are most likely moving with in a week so that kinda sucks we will have to move again.  The piso leaks underneath and is ruining the house of the people that live below us.  So I will let you know about the package sending.  You could just send it to the American base the guy said I can send stuff to him still and I will get it at Zone Conference in two weeks.  Or just wait it is up to you.  Oh so I want one more CD.  It is called BEAUTIFUL DAWN by MERCY RIVER.  Thanks mom I love you!  So today I am going to buy shoes and a side bag because it is too hot with a back pack and I am dying of heat here in Sevilla, it is already a 115 degrees!  That is hot!!!
 
I love you!
Elder Cody Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment