Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, February 13, 2012

February 6, 2012 - Email to Family

First Zone Leader Training



Family,
 
Okay so finally I have time to write you all hopefully a good sized letter.
All the Zone Leaders in the mission
 
So yesterday we had a Zone Leader Conference in Málaga, it was AWESOME.  I got to see Elder Peterson, Manning and Shaver.  They are my favorite people in the mission!  I loved it, it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot.  I really feel the pressure of leadership now and the person I need to be and the example.  I am really happy for this opportunity that the Lord has given me to serve here in Spain.  I sit and watch Elder Waite, he has changed so much into an adult, it is awesome to look at how much more I can change into a better servant of the Lord.  Yes that is my home address!! 
 
Send the letters:
 
Elder K Cody Hafen
c/ Gonzalo Nuñez de Sepulveda 1, 2° D.
Sevilla, SE 41009
ESP 
 
Elder Waite and Elder Cody
 So the area here in Sevilla is huge!!!  There is 1.5 million people here in Spain.  Oh so my first Sunday here I got to stand in the circle of a girl receiving the Holy Ghost.  That was pretty cool, her name is Daniela and we are teaching her parents.  I would tell you all the names of the investigators we have but we have 40 and we would be here for days.  We teach a lot of South Americans and Spanish people as well.  I love the work we are doing here.  I think since I have been here Elder Waite and I have found like 13 new investigators.  So when we went in to talk to Pres Clegg about the area, we told him we have too much work and he is putting two new Elder´s with us haha.  So cool right??  So yeah I am so happy and focused and the time is flying by.  As a Zone Leader I am no different than the other missionaries I just feel like I am running non stop all the time.  I am sorry about last week, we literally had no time at all.  So all is well. I am still trying to get to know all of the investigators that we have.  Antonio is one that will get baptized in March or April, he has to get married.  He is a Spaniard.  We have a lot of people, Pastora from Dominican Republic, we have two families from there we are teaching.  We have like twenty Bolivians we have Ecuador and Peru.  This last week a lady, that is an investigator from Romania, came to church.  She is awesome and LOVED Elder Utchdorfs talk.  She thought it was amazing that he is an apostle.  She looks pretty promising.  Oh and also we teach a guy from Brazil as well.  To be honest we have too many people and we can´t keep on top of all of them enough to tell you the ones that are progressing enough to talk about.  So Elder Waite is from Charlottesville Virginia.  He is awesome and I love him to death.  His Spanish is RIDICULOUS.  SO I am learning from him haha.  Well I have some pictures and you know everyone in them.  The kid that is skinny and reading the BOM is my comp! Well I love you all and I am loving the mission more than ever.  I am focused and I love the work, it´s true.  Oh so I was thinking that it would be better to come out to Spain in the summer.  I think I want to have the whole welcome home airport experience.  
He knows his drinks :)

 Elders Manning and Peterson

Elder Shaver

Elder Manning

Play us a song, Mr Piano Man

Sevilla

Here he comes to save the day!!!
 
 
Well I love you.
CODY

No comments:

Post a Comment