Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 13, 2012 - Family Email

Hey how are all of you??
 
Well I had a great week.  It was super busy but you know it was a lot of fun!  I really don´t know what to tell you about the week until things settle down and we get the new elders that are coming in.  Right now Elder Waite and I are just searching a lot.  We had a short week because we went to Málaga and then Elder Waite got sick and was out for a day.  But this last week we found 3 new investigators and a lot of futures that look promising.  Last night we were just knocking doors and this young Spanish girl answers and she is really beautiful.  She invites us in and she thought it was amazing what we are doing here in Spain even though she doesn´t believe in God or Christ yet, but she believes in a great spirit.  So of course King Lamoni and Ammon came straight to my mind.  So yeah we talked for a little and she totally loves us and wanted to make us dinner and everything.  So she is 21 years old and we decided that Elder Waite just found his new wife haha.  We didn´t even have to ask for her number or anything she asked for ours and called it right up to make sure it was real.  So we are going to baptize her hopefully so that Elder Waite can marry her in a year.
 
Yesterday a guy from France that has been inactive for 5 years brings his son to church and wants us to teach him and baptize his son so we said yes!  Haha a really nice guy and they speak Spanish really well.  The son is really nice and quiet and I think he is 13 years old so that will be cool.  I really hope the father follows through and baptizes his son.  So yeah those are some miracles that are kind of happening to us right now.  I am excited for the work we are creating here and when the new Elders come I will have more details to write about because the truth is I have only taught people like once or twice. We have a lot of people to run by and find new people.  So yeah that is kind of the work here in Seville, I am growing a lot and well I feel like my Spanish has gotten worse but that is because I am not the better speaker anymore haha.  I get a little nervous sometimes when trying to speak but I speak anyways.  I hope I get the chance to have a native companion.  This last Saturday we went contacting in a little area where the missionaries are needing our help with contacting.  So we gathered all of the zone and we went contacting for an hour and a half and at the end we got 32 futures and Elder Waite and I got 17 of them.  We weren´t together but I got 7 and Waite got 10.  So this Thursday is Zone Conference and we are going to teach our Zone to stop wasting time!  When you aren´t teaching, CONTACT.  Also we are going to practice turning down the members for eating lessons unless they bring us someone to teach.  We NEVER just go sit with a member and waste our time.  So yeah that is about all I got for you this week.  Yeah the year mark is coming up soon, and it shows: I need new pants and white short sleaves shirts maybe soon.  Two of my pants are already ruined.  At least one of them are the ones I have had for like 6 years.  Yeah just come pick me up, I was only doing that because Manning wants to ride in the plane together.  Well love you!!
 
CODY

No comments:

Post a Comment