Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October 31, 2011 - Email to Family

Petri's Baptism - October 30, 2011
Hey, so I am here on American soil, well not really because Spain owns it, but I am on the American base right now!!!!

So, this morning I played Racket Ball and basket ball (on an American hoop) and ate some Taco Bell!  Now I am emailing for free, which is awesome!  A guy from the ward has been taking us around the base, it's awesome.  I also got a Mtn Dew!  So yeah I have been getting spoiled today.  It is a Holiday I love Halloween. 
So the NEWS!  I am staying here in El Puerto and I am getting a new companion named Elder Brown.  He is 6'7" and played basket ball at UVU.  He has like 3 months less than me in the mission, so I am senior companion again.  I have heard he doesn't speak too good yet, I am ready to help him out.  I am looking forward to that because El Puerto is my city now and I get to kinda direct the work.  I have a lot of good ideas and ways I want to do the work here.  Hopefully we will be getting some new investigators because the ones we have need to start doing stuff or I will be dropping them.  
Petri, Alona and her daughter


Petri got dunked last night and I still did the baptism!  I baptized someone for the first time in my life.  That was really cool, I loved it!  It was a super cool spiritual experience.  I felt really good and scared all at the same time.  This is super weird hearing a lot of English, I have forgotten how to speak to people in English, well I have forgotten how to greet people.  Well Petri was super happy and she still doesn't have the Holy Ghost we will see who gives it to her on Sunday, maybe I will have to do it too.  The baptism was really small, she didn't want a lot of people there.  But it was small and simple and a really amazing feeling.  I felt really good and the old Spanish ladies in the ward do a really good job at welcoming her in the ward.  We found Petri through this lady named Alona, she is from Russia.  Alona  is awesome, she is going through a divorce right now and she has the cutest kids alive.  Her husband doesn't want anything to do with the church.  So the picture of the baptism with the lady and her cute daughter is Alona.  So the baptism was just awesome.  I didn't have to re do it.  The prayer I did twice because the first time I forgot to say her name.  So investigators this week we did okay.  There is no one new.  We did teach Henry and Paloma finally again and set new dates with them to get baptized, it is to make them work and do commitments.  They don't do anything for example yesterday morning I called Henry and they said they would go to church and they didn't show up.  They don't read or really pray to know if these things are true.  They don't take us seriously.  We need a member in there to slap them around a little.  Claudia is doing good, but she cancelled on us 2 times in a row I  was rather upset.  So I am almost out of time, sorry this is kinda short but I have pictures!!!  So this past week the Spanish garbage is on strike and all of the streets are packed full of trash, it smells soooooo bad.  It is gross.  
 
I cannot believe that Jerame did that to his knee again.  I feel horrible.  I hate that sooooo bad.  I am not going to play sports like that to blow out my knee again.  Well I am in love with soccer so I am going to play that still.  I want to focus on triathlons.  I am glad that dad likes his new bike, it looks siiiick.  I am excited to ride it, but not train on it haha!  Well I am doing super good and the time is flying by super fast.  Thanks for the video!  haha the dogs were super funny I liked that email a lot.  I love you all and you're in my prayers!

CODY

No comments:

Post a Comment