Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, October 31, 2011

October 24, 2011 - Family Email

haha Zac is pretty cute and funny!!

So yeah tell Bry I got his letter and thank you! So I have a question can you send me the video of Damon rapping the End of the year song?  Okay so you have to go to you tube, then look for "End of the Year Rap OHS 2010" Then there will be a place next to the video that says EMB code, copy the website thing and put it on the email.  If you have questions ask Heather or Dustin or Jerame!  Could you do that?  I want to show my companion Damon´s video.

So this week was long and hard.  Well it wasn´t long just we had a really rough start.  Petri told us that she couldn´t pay tithing.  I think she thought that you HAVE to pay to be a member.  She doesn´t make very much money so it´s super hard and she has to pay for her, her son and her daughter that should have a job.  But we had a lesson with her and a member that is American/Spanish and she helped us out soo much.  Then we had a Halloween party at the church and Petri came to it and she told me she hates it when she is not with us because she doesn´t feel the Spirit!  All she wants in life is to feel peace because she has lived in fear her whole life.  She has had a horrible life because of her ex husband and she only feels happy and peaceful around us and the Mormons.  Haha she grabbed my arm and told me not to leave her because she wanted to feel happier.  But yeah she is on track to get baptized this Sunday night!  She chose me to baptize her!  But I think Elder Banbury is leaving El Puerto this next Wednesday the 2nd or 3rd so he asked if he could baptize her if he leaves and I said alright.  So I may just give her the Holy Ghost.  Which is cool I guess, Petri didn´t want to choose between us but she finally did and it was me.  We are pretty close I always hang around her to make sure she isn´t alone at church and the parties and when we teach her so I think she feels the closest to me.  She always gives me the biggest smile and grabs my arm all the time haha.  But the other investigators are okay.  To be honest none of them are progressing nor doing the things they should be doing.  The people are sooooooooo hard here.  None of them do anything.  Like half of them don´t have jobs and do nothing all day and won’t do their commitments or come to church.  So I don´t know what else to say about them.  We didn´t meet with Betty this last week she was ignoring us.  Henry and Paloma are not doing anything.  We didn´t meet with them either.  Juan only smoked one cig yesterday, that is because he ran out of tobacco and money.  So I don´t know about Jaun, I honestly feel like I am dealing with a four year old.  He can read and he loves reading, but he just isn´t smart.  I love the guy and he is funny, I love his excuses for not coming to church.  He is doing all of his commitments.  Claudia we are not spending much time with her, she keeps cancelling on us.  So we met this guy from Romania, well he stopped us on the street and he speaks English.  He understands a lot and can speak pretty well.  So we taught him the Restoration.  My first time teaching in English, it was so weird, but the spirit was super strong.  He asked the best questions too.  He is a really good new investigator; a little hard to get a hold of; but super nice.  He is a bodyguard for the French Legion - whatever that is.  His name is Lorenzo.  We had a good week I guess, we were really down when Petri dropped the bomb on us, but she is all good!  We had two eating lessons with Americans this last week and that was awesome!
So yes I got the package!  THANK YOU SOOO MUCH.  I love the shoes, they are a little different than the other ones so that makes me happy, I didn´t want the same shoes because that is boring.  Thanks for the Reese’s, makes life so much better.  I am very grateful for the stuff!  Sorry this is kinda short!  So I had to pay 30 Euros to pick up my package because it got flagged.  I think because it had shoes in it, I think they do that because they think I am going to go sell them or something.  So that is why I took out 30 bucks sorry!!!  I am going to buy a jersey I think because they are 40 Euros off and it is my favorite team! 

Thank you and I love all of you!

Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment