Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 14, 2011 - Email to Family

Hey family that I love!
 
Well this was a good week and very different.  It is really weird not teaching as many lessons as I used to.  This area is very different and hard!  I like it a lot.  El Puerto is a great little city and the people are super nice, however with that comes lazy and kick back attitude.  So with that we are possibly dropping 4 people that we are teaching.  The first is Claudia.  She cancelled on us like 4 times so I am done wasting the small time we have on her.  I know that my efforts aren´t wasted, but when they are ruining time we could use to find new people and search for the people more prepared, that isn´t cool!  So Claudia is most likely dropped.  Henry and Paloma, they won't come to church and he didn´t answer my last two phone calls, so they aren´t going in any direction of improving.  We are going to have a lesson with them to see what´s up and ask if they are here to learn and progress or do they think we are jokes and wasting our time with them.  The last is Juan.  He is a sweet guy and we really don´t want to drop him, but he has had 5 months to drop smoking and still isn´t trying very hard at all to drop it.  We had a really good lesson with him, but he is taking away time from us.  We did a really good job in the street this last week, and my contacting has improved a lot, I can talk a lot better with people.   My Spanish has jumped a lot.  Yesterday I had to translate the young women's class into English for a girl while the teacher was speaking in Spanish.  That was fun and I surprised myself in how well it went.  I knew everything that she was teaching.  I love listening to the lady speak, she is from Madrid and there they speak the PURE clean Spanish.  She is the Presidents wife here in the branch and she is beautiful.  She is a super nice lady and a BOMB missionary because she helped get Petri in the water.  So this week we were in the streets a lot.  I am helping Elder Brown out a lot with the Spanish.  I love serving with him, he is funny and I love the kid to death.  He asks me to correct him, which is weird, just 5 months ago Elder Shaver was the one correcting me.  Elder Brown is a good kid and has a more happy and positive spirit about him.  I have really enjoyed the time with him.  We are staying in the apartment we are at.  The health Elders came and checked our piso and walked through it with the landlord.  Which was nice because they're adults. So they tell the landlord this has to be fixed.  Hopefully we are getting better beds and that will be fixed.  It has been raining a lot more here, it was pouring on the way to come email you all right now!  While the health Elders were here he had the opportunity to check out my staff infection that I had failed to tell you about mother.  I figured that I would wait to tell you when it had gone away.  So it´s all good, I was in pain for about two weeks and I couldn´t even sleep on my back because it was on my tail bone.  But hey the good news is that it´s gone!  I also got it on my neck but it´s going away too, well gone almost.  So I may be making some purchases soon for Christmas, so don´t get all upset!  I have been trying really hard to not spend money and buy things I don´t need.  The reason the American base didn´t charge me is because I took out American money, not EUROS.  So for Christmas, I guess I have a couple of things I can think of that would be nice! 

My list to SANTA:
1. The Prophet of the Restoration (you know the cool one they played up at the Joseph Smith building)
2.  Exercise Band things, one that has the medium Resistance.
3. Okay this is the big one, IF you haven´t come up with something else because I don´t really need anything.  Okay so there are these bigger electronic dictionaries that conjugate the words and have a lot of words.  The little one you sent me doesn´t have hardly any words! Sorry but they don´t have them, or they are words that they use in Mexico and no body here understands them.  There are some that are pretty pricey, but that is what I would like for Christmas.  Look for the one that has the most words, I heard amazon has the best ones for cheaper, maybe.  They said that you should send all the packages before the the beginning of Dec 7th or we won't get them.  SEND THEM TO THE BASE.  You can send me 2 HUGE flat rate boxes for 12 bucks.  DO NOT PUT SPAIN at the bottom.  Tell them that you are sending them to military. 
4. Peanut butter.  Like a big jar or crunchy and creamy
5. Deodorant
6. Ties
7. YOUR LOVE. (CANDY)(MTN DEW)
 
Love you all,
Elder Code

No comments:

Post a Comment