Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 7, 2011 - Email to Family

How is my lovely family?

Well I am doing really good.  I love my new comp he is super funny and  a clean freak.  Which is nice Elder Banbury was a slob and Elder Shaver never picked up his socks and that made me soo mad.  Elder Spencer JM Brown.  He is from South Jordan Utah.  We represent UTAH.  He says to look him up on facebook, he is a nerd.

Well this week was different.  I really don´t want to talk about investigators because I really feel all of them are not progressing.  We have Adrian, who is 10 years old and he will be baptized in December.  I have been teaching him for a long time and his grandpa is going to come and baptize him.  He has to be taught by us and be interviewed by another missionary.  He is funny and a good kid.  He is Spanish and Swiss.  His mother is from Switzerland.  But we don´t get to teach him that often.  Henry and Paloma are not coming to church and I fear never will.  They have told me at least 7 times they will come and never do.  I have tried everything.  Same with Claudia we even went to her home and she wouldn´t answer the door.  So I am done with those three.  If they don´t come to church they cannot be baptized.  So really I don´t know what more to say about investigators.  Sorry.   All I know that it is time to start finding new ones to teach.  I am not going to be doing it alone or on my own strength or the strength of my companion.  We are going to search with the power of Christ because that is the only way we are going to find people.  I am annoyed with our land lord guy.  I have to deal with problems in the house because our piso SUCKS.  Well, I have to do it all in Spanish and some of the Spanish people are can be prideful, so, we may just end up moving!  That would be nice I have been sleeping on a crappy couch for four months now because we own 3 beds and 2 of them are broken.  Well it sounds like you and dad are doing good!  That is fun to hear that you all are going to go snow shoeing and loose weight.  Dad told me to make sure that you are loosing weight every email haha. 

So this is weird I am all alone to take over El Puerto.  This is the first time that I have had to do this.  It is different and I want to find new people to teach because the others clearly don´t want to change, yet.  So we are going to find people that are already prepared.  It is weird I have to speak a lot and I feel like my Spanish has jumped in a more comfortable way, like I can understand people more.  I still need to increase my vocab.  I am helping Elder Brown out with the Spanish.  He is really hard on himself.  It is weird to be the one correcting someone.  Elder Shaver corrected me so much.  He was super hard on me.  But it payed off and I love him for it now.  Elder Shaver was an amazing trainer, I love the kid. 

So Petri, I ended up giving her the Holy Ghost.  I tried really hard to put in Elder Browns name and the Branch President but she wanted me to do it.  I thought it would be a good experience for him to do it.  But yeah she is all done now and super happy.  They laddies in the ward are taking super good care of her.  Well that is about all this week.  I am about to upload some photos.  The shortest kid that is brown and not Elder Rodriguez is Elder Basurto.  He was my district leader and he left to Cáceres!!!!!!  He is going to tear that place apart.  Elder Basurto is CRAZY.  In a good way.  Well I love you all!  Thanks for all you do.
hahahahahahahaaaa DUSTY!  SO FUNNY, LOVED THE PIC.  Good for him.

Love, Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment