Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, October 10, 2011

October 3, 2011 - Family Email

Okay So I just wrote Brady and Jerame I am on a role.
So how is everyone??  Sounds like you have been busy around the home and I am praying for you Jude!  haha mom I am sorry I love you!  You will be fine and recover strong you and Dad are Healthy grandparents!  So I forgot to take pictures of the holes in my shoes; so I am going to go home take pictures and send them to you a little later today or this week, I am sure I will do it in like 5 hours.  They need to be fixed, if they by chance just refund you get the ones that look exactly like them but Eccos.  If not just send the others to my house I get it faster that way. 
His shoes at 7 months
His shoes at 7 months
So this week was really good in many different ways.  First off I got sent off to Cáceres and they had my card!  I am now legal in Spain!  It was good to see Silvia and that family!  They are doing super good and Shaver is starting to teach the older daughter!  She asked them what they did to her family - they are happy!  haha.  So Shaver told me I sound perfect in Spanish now, but by no means am I fluent.  I can sound good I just need to learn more words and understand the people better.  I would say that is the hardest part to me is the understanding the people! 
So this week investigator wise was pretty good.  We had a good lesson with Betty.  She is super prepared but also super scared about everything.  I have been praying a lot for her and I came to Conference with a question "What does Betty need to be baptized?"  Of course it was answered, The Book of Mormon.  That guy that talked about the Book of Mormon was SICK!!!  His last name was Callister I believe, I don´t have my notes on me.  Yeah she just needs to read more, I am going to print off that talk and give it to her.  She is doing good though and I am getting pretty close to her.  I shared stories with her that I have learned from other investigators.    Jorge has continued to not answer his phone we haven´t seen or heard from him in over a week.  We have no idea what is up.  Jose told us he doesn´t want anything to do with the church and he was wasting our time.  He lives far away and always cancels on us.  It is sad but hey we gotta move on and baptize other people.  We had to drop the baptismal date with Erika because she isn´t married!  That seems to be a huge problem in the whole mission, people aren´t married.  Henry and Paloma are good, we didn´t have a good lesson with them because her psycho grandma was there and ruined the lesson.  Next time we teach them and she is there I am going to ask her please not to talk; if she wants to, she can sit in on the lesson.  She is a crazy old woman that likes American boys.  We call old ladies that are like that snakes.  We have like 3 snakes here in El Puerto, they are CRAAAZY, they literally hit on us it´s super funny and they are like 60 to 75 years old.  Jumpe is doing really really good, he is the only investigator that came to conference.  We didn´t have many because it was in Cádiz.  But he said he really liked it a lot and it was very interesting. I need to send ya´ll a picture of him.  Angeles is...good.  She really doesn´t understand anything we teach because we are positive she has no education.  So I need to ask president what the rules are on that, if she can get baptized or not.  She comes to church and likes it a lot, she doesn´t really comprehend or understand anything.  So we will see, she is a nice lady.  Juan is still smoking but we are seeing progress in him a lot.  He wants to change and be baptized.  He has to be clean of smoking for like two weeks before he can get dunked in the water.  So we have an angel though, her name is Petri.  We taught her and I asked her if she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone that has the authority of God.  She said YES.  We had a really sweet lesson with this lady, she is amazing and has a date to be baptized the 29th this month, if we think she is ready.  If not she said oh I will wait the next week.  I know she felt the spirit when we taught her the Restoration and that is why she says she has no single doubt in her head about the church.  I swear all you have to do is read the Bible and know that the only true church of Christ is ours.  So she is awesome and she is from Spain.  She is divorced and has a 6 year old boy and a 20 year old girl which we haven´t seen yet.  Petri has come to church already with us once and loved it!  I already told ya´ll that.  So that is her!!!  So that is all for investigators this week, we didn´t talk with Alejandra at all this week, I feel super sad for her though.
So Conference was AWESOME.  We went to Cádiz and watched in English with all the Elders and two Sister Missionaries.  It was awesome.  I Only heard 3 sessions though, the Priesthood Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.  Priesthood session was good HOLLAND tore it up! That man is a freaking animal.  I felt like all of them were saying that the YOUTH are evil!  Like I felt like I was hearing Lehi complain about Laman and Lemuel.  It´s true though I have been there, the Aaronic Priesthood age, they are very influenced by the world.  It was awesome; I watched conference with a Mtn Dew and a Baby Ruth candy bar.  The guy that you sent the package to brought us to Cádiz and gave us Jerky, Doritos and a can of mtn dew!  So good!!  So that pretty much sums up the week! I typed that really fast and I am tired!  I love you all!
Love to you all,
Elder Code Man

No comments:

Post a Comment