Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

July 25, 2011 - Family Email

Hello Family whom I love,
So how is everyone doing??  Love you all
So this week was rather interesting in one way I finally got harassed almost physically by someone!  I was so happy!  So we were walking in the street going to a lesson we had set up and as we were walking there was this strange looking girl and kind of Goth looking sitting on the corner. Anyways as we were walking by she grabs my tie and tries to pull me in and do whatever she had in mind.  As a result I pulled away and didn´t say anything!  So that is really the only story I got for you this week that was good!
So good news this week!! Liliana is getting baptized!!!!!  This Saturday is the day her and her mother got work off so that she can get dunked!!  I am super excited we have been teaching her for 10 weeks and she is super ready.  She is a beast studier now and sometimes reads Preach My Gospel.  We aren´t sure who is doing all of the baptizing and Holy Ghost yet because we haven´t planned it.  I am sure Shaver will be in the water he deserves it!
So Sofia and her Mom are doing really good.  We kind of found out what the moms deal is.  She has been a practicing catholic for 40 years so for her to go and change her religion is a big deal.  She has believed her church for that long.  The thing is she believes everything we teach her, it´s just the mother that is going to have to take it slow and when she feels ready she will be baptized.  We can prove everything with the Bible that we are the only true church with the fullness of the gospel of Christ.  Sofia is awesome and the biggest sweetheart in the world.  We haven´t set a baptism date with her yet so I don´t know about all that.  I would love to see her get baptized before one of us leaves Cáceres in two weeks!!!!
Luis Miguel and Gloria are doing well, the mom says she needs to tell us something; it´s nothing bad. Last night as she was leaving the house and we were about to teach the boys she said her house is our house haha!  So she likes us!  We are going to meet with them tomorrow I believe and find out what she has to tell us! I am excited.  They just kind of don´t want to change, well the mother doesn´t.  Miguel wants this church I can tell.
This mom and her son are new investigators that we have. Natali the mom and Adrian the son he is 12 years old.  The son keeps telling us he wants to get baptized in our church and he has read the first 7 chapters in Nephi!  He is a beast.  We have to teach him a lot before we can baptize him and sometimes it´s a little hard to teach them because the mom isn´t home.  But we are trying to be good friends with the son.  They are a very humble family.
So when we entered Cáceres we had one investigator and we dropped her.  Right now we have 10!!!  We have been working hard and last week we taught 20 lessons.  That is not too bad yeah??  So this is my letter this week, not a lot happened.  Next week I will have pictures of LILIANA!!!!
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment