Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, August 22, 2011

August 16, 2011 - Email to Family

Malaga Zone Conference
¿Que pasa psichas?  That means what´s up dicks?  They say that here in El Puerto to everyone, it´s like saying what´s up dude?  But of course we don´t say it to people only the Elders. haha 
Sorry I didn´t email yesterday it was another holiday!!!  So I figured it out the holidays are catholic holidays to worship the virgin but they just use it to drink and smoke all day. 
So El Puerto de Santa Maria....

Elders Biamont and Shaver
It is very different than Cáceres in about every single way.  The people are super friendly because the place is suuuuper poor.  The  people are all just more talkative and stuff.  The place is very old and there is no like city feel everyone lives in cement homes that are like two stories tall and you can see into to all of them so there is no boundaries here haha.  Remember me telling you about the gypsies????  Well this is the gypsy capital!!  They are everywhere!!  There is a whole part of town dedicated to them; they are just everywhere and apparently not very safe.  But no one here really honks at us and makes fun of us because we are bigger than everyone.  So yeah the people are really just easy going and don´t really care that much; which is bad.   We have a thousand investigators but to me none of them are really ready for baptisms.  They are just super flakey and have a lot of problems with smoking and just don´t really care to change.  Like contacting on the street is easy now.  In Cáceres you had to harass them to get there information.  Here I just talk and testify and bam I got 4 futures in one afternoon.  So the accent here is super fun.  Apparently we are in the redneck country of Spain.  So the accent is similar to Huelva just worse.  The people are hard to understand but, I can understand them super good most of the time I surprise myself sometimes. 

El Porto

The Members!!!  You aren´t going to believe this - so there is a base here!!!!  We have close to 25 to 30 members from America!!!!!!!  They are super nice and sweethearts.  On Sunday we ate on base with The Osmond’s.  They are from Sandy, Utah and I had the opportunity to eat cheddar cheese and black beans.  I was soooo happy and it tasted soo good.  The pictures you see are from the back yard of the members home.  They live right on the beach it´s super pretty.  So yeah I need to take more pictures from El Puerto.  Oh and there is peanut butter in our piso.  OH THIS SUNDAY I AM RECIEVING A PACK OF MOUNTAIN DEW!!!!!!  A member called us this morning and asked us if we wanted something and I asked for peanut butter and MD.

El Porto
So yeah I miss Cáceres soooooo bad.  I was crying my eyes out saying goodbye to people.  But I know I am here to serve the people here in El Puerto. So my companion is Parker James Banbury.  He is a good missionary, pretty cool and really quiet.  He is a man of few words.  He is super nice and a hard worker. 
So yeah I like the new area, it´s really pretty and I love the accent.  Oh yeah every week we do service by serving food to the homeless people that was a fun experience.  Some of them are nice and the others are horrible. 

My new address: 
Calle Andromeda N·20
11500 El Puerto De Santa Maria
Cádiz
SPAIN 

Oh and we can send packages through the base with the members and it’s only like 10 American bucks!!!  So I am going to send you something for your BDAY MOM!!!! Tell Amy happy bday to PLEASE!! and I love her too 

OS QUIERO!!!! 
I Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment