Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 22, 2011 - Email to Family

Hello everyone!!!
I am doing very good and much better!  This last week was great, me and my companion are getting along great.  He is a funny kid and we are very similar.  Oh he is from Arizona mother. 
Luis and Miguel
So that is cool you gave a talk on me at church?  How was it?  I am excited to read it!  

Real fast so I don´t forget, the picture of me with the two boys is of Luis and Miguel.  The older one is Miguel.  I know you wanted one, sorry it´s late.  You can still put it on the Blog. 

So this past week was good and it´s going by fast again.  Two weeks of this transfer are already gone.  I am finally used to the area and know things and what is going on.  We don´t really have any investigators that are progressing or close to baptism.  So this last week we hit the streets a lot.  We walk a lot here probably more than what we did in Cáceres.  We walked for 2 hours to get to a lesson yesterday.  We were contacting on the way and getting to know the area because Elder Banbury didn´t get to know it that well.  His last companion was crazy and only stayed in the ghetto part of the city.  We went to the nice part of the city and contacted the rich people and they all just gave the finger.  But they have little South American ladies that clean their house so we got a lot of futures.  We taught a super good lesson to this lady from El Salvador.  She loved our message and she thinks it´s awesome.  The only thing is she is in El Puerto for vacation.  So I think she leaves in September, but she brought a friend and she lives here and she is from Guatemala and I gave her a Book of Mormon.  I am feeling a lot more comfortable with my Spanish and I understand the people a lot better.  We are also teaching this girl that is like 23 from Bolivia named Alejandra.  She is gorgeous but we are pretty sure she lives with her boy friend.  But she always does her reading assignments and has questions about it.  We teach her really well and she LISTENS.  I just need to make her cry with the spirit once and bam! haha.  She also brought a friend and we are going to start teaching her as well.  The one investigator that smokes a lot we are going to have to drop.  He isn´t going anywhere and his brain is FRIED.  We have taught him everything like 4 times and we went to teach him about Joseph Smith for like the 5th time since I have been here; he had no idea that he restored the gospel haha.  So I am positive that he did a lot of drugs back in the day and he is only 27 and his teeth are starting to rot out of his mouth. 
Working or Hardly Working?
This last week we had the opportunity to eat at a member’s home.  This guy is loaded and worked for some oil company.  They are American and super nice.  We ate steak and they have a swimming pool and a massage chair.  This chair massages neck, feet, calves, butt and back all at once.  I am positive that it is over 2 grand.  But that is me pretending to read the Book Of Mormon while waiting for the food to cook. 
A Member's Backyard

So my Spanish got good enough to get in a yelling fight with a Spaniard!!  So we were contacting on the street and there was this lady that was super pretty and Banbury told me to contact her so I did.  We were talking for awhile and I was telling her about prophets in the Bible and that God loves us so much that´s why we have the restored gospel and a prophet today.  She thinks religions cause conflict.  Her boyfriend or some tall surfer Spaniard guy appears out of nowhere and starts yelling at me and told me that religions are crap and I should stop wasting my time and clean up trash in EL Puerto.  So yeah we argued until I thought he was going to start getting violent and I told him God loves us and gave us his son’s church and the earth.









Nice Watch!
I LOVE YOU!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!  I am gonna send you something; I have to go search the streets though. 
¡OS QUIERO!! 

I love the mission and I am here to bring people SALVATION. 

Elder Baby Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment