Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 5, 2011 - Email to Family

Juan, we teach him on his bed with his shirt off
Hello everybody!

So I was happy this morning because I got a letter from my mommy!
Thanks for saying nice things about me MOM!  So this week was a good one.  I was down a couple of days because our investigators are sooo flaky I don´t know what to do to make them want salvation!  But I will keep trying.  We had a lot of investigators at church yesterday.  The super smoker guy came to church finally.  His name is Juan 27 years old and he is Spanish.  hahahaha I have a picture of him. 


Cádiz
So this last week we had to go to Cádiz to go pick up my companions residency card!  We soo realized that we were walking pretty much on the beach.  So we took pictures!!  Also we saw a cruise ship parked there I will send that picture too!  But Cádiz is sooo pretty!  I would like to take you all there one day!  It´s a super ancient city but way nice and clean with a beach!  So last Monday night we were in a far away place called Pablado Naval.  It is right next to the naval base where the Americans live.  So we were there and we left our lesson at 10:20 to go catch our bus.  We waited for the bus for 40 minutes and it never showed.  The bus´s stopped coming that late!!  So at 11:00pm we set foot for our piso an hour and 10 minutes away!!!  haha We said a pray and started walking for a long time!!  It was kinda scary at times because we walked through forest stuff, which is scary that late in Spain.  But all was well and we didn´t die!  So Alejandra, we had a lesson with her and found out a lot about her.  She lives with her boy friend who absolutely hates religion.  Alejandra does not work and completely relies on her boy.  She won't ever come to church because he controls her on the weekends and has to be with him.  He won't let her do anything.  She says she believes all the stuff we teach her and she reads the Book of Mormon but won't progress because she tells us she can´t.  All she will tell us is that she can´t.  She told us that she isn´t happy in her life.  I talked to her forever and bore my testimony soo strong.  I know she can feel it but she won't do anything.  We are teaching a lady that is 28 from Bolivia named Betty.  She is scared of a lot of things.  She is scared for her salvation, she was Evangelist.  We taught her a super good lesson on the plan of salvation.  She always has good questions that are hard to answer; good thing I study the scriptures!  Another investigator that is new is Jose.  He is from El Salvador.  He came to church yesterday and we taught him a lesson and set a Baptismal date with him! For the 1st of October.  He is soo ready but really scared. I had to push him to get the date but we are going to start working hard with him because he believes everything and is a solid investigator.  He has heard close to all the lessons.  We are working with the African American Jumpe, he randomly showed up to church again! He is a good guy.  Well that is about all that happened this week.  Oh wait.  This last Tuesday we got owned!  hahaa We got our money for the month and we went to go buy groceries and when we came outside it was dropping buckets of rain!!  Like a hurricane and we had a crap load of food and no umbrella.  So we stole the shopping cart and ran for 20 minutes to our piso!  We looked like we jumped into a lake! 

Mother I love you!  You are a sweet heart!  I owe you my life!  Thanks for fixing my card.!  I still don´t have mtn dew or peanut butter.

Just me and the comp
OH so the baptism dates I set with Silvia and Sofia in CACERES!!!!!!!!!!!!  THEY BOTH GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I STARTED CRYING WHEN I FOUND OUT!  I get to go to Cáceres tomorrow to pick up my residency card!!!!! I cannot wait!
Love,
Code

No comments:

Post a Comment