Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, September 19, 2011

September 12, 2011 - Email to Family


Sept. San Fernando Zone Conference
¿Qué tal mi familia?
How is everyone? Mother you are the best person in the world I love you. Carlos Ortegon is a member on base and we send him the packages and then he delivers them to the Elder´s because he is awesome! Elder Banbury got like 3 packages this week through the base! I am excited to get a package! 
So this week was different! It was amazing I got to spend a night and a morning where I was born into the mission.  Cáceres! It was amazing and I loved it soo much! I got to visit Silvia and Sofia! Right as I saw them they literally have a glow on them now. The Holy Ghost really changes people and you can tell when someone has the truth finally. The baptism was amazing I heard. The dad baptized his daughter Sofia first and then the wife Silvia! After everyone in the whole branch gave their testimonies and Mauricio the dad got up and was bawling and stared at Silvia in the eyes and told her that he loved her and he would DIE for here and that they are going to the temple to get married!! Silvia and the whole family was suuuuper happy to see me. I call them my parents in Spain. We are for sure going to visit them when you come pick me up! They are the sweetest most humble people. So apparently Sofia wanted me to baptize her, I was crushed when I heard that! I wanted to be there for their baptism more than anything in the world, that´s my family!! The mom is so happy all the time now, before she just did not look happy. She has the biggest smile all the time now. I didn´t get the chance to see Carlos or Liliana. But Liliana is good and helping teach with the missionaries and 1st counselor in the Relief Society!! Go Liliana! Oh haha so yeah I went to Cáceres to get my Residency card and they didn´t have it so in 20 days I get to go back! YES! But I actually don´t like leaving my area and being away not teaching the people I was called to serve!
Silvia (Mom) and Sofia's (15) Baptism
So this week we got a new investigator that is golden! HE is 21 years old and already believes everything we have told him. He is a straight up Spaniard! We are working hard with him and taught the Restoration to him super good and the Gospel of Jesus Christ to him. His name is Jorge and he has a baptismal date for the 24th this month! We are gonna teach him a lot and get him prepared and make sure he is following the commandments. He is a really smart kid. He was Catholic but doesn´t believe that it´s the true church of Christ. He told us that this is the true church! He also thinks that the Bible faults stuff! The Lord once again has blessed us with someone that is prepared to hear the gospel. I swear all you have to do is be obedient and work hard and the Lord will bless! So as far as investigators this week they are all about the same. I was gone for two whole days so that kinda put a damper on teaching people. We taught Alejandra the Word of Wisdom because well she has troubles with it. It was a really good lesson but still tied down to her boy friend. I asked her if she would be a member of this church if she didn´t have her boy friend and she said yes. I am really close with her and I am trying my absolute hardest to give her happiness. I almost made her cry this last lesson because she doesn’t believe in life after this life. I told her she doesn’t know there is a life after this life because she is all caught up in the worldly things and not doing things that Christ wants of us. He suffered for us so that we have the opportunity to live with our families forever!  Jaun is still smoking and only 5 a day right now because he is sick. Mom haha all the people in Spain are like him. That is the classic traditional Spaniard man cigarette, a beer, no shirt, shorty shorts and they cross their legs like a woman.
Oh So Elder Manning was in Cáceres on splits so I got to hang out with my Boy!! I got to have a sleepover with Manny!!! He is good!
Hanging out with Elder Manning again
Well I love you all and I hope you all are reading you scriptures and enjoying the life with the dogs. I hope the shoulder improves mom! How is it? Dad how is work? The Bike?
Love,
Code Man
Zone Conference again

No comments:

Post a Comment