Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 30, 2011 - Email to Family

Hey everyone!!  Oh how I love you parents.
So about the member who is going to give me peanut butter and Mountain Dew - he wasn´t at church and I have not received it; sad day because I don´t have any money to buy food so I am going to starve this week but oh well!  So my companion is from Glendale, Arizona.  We are having a nice time together.  He refuses to call our companionship a marriage though. haha.  However we get along good and we have fun and work hard.
So investigator wise we are getting somewhere I think.  I did some research in the area book and I found this lady that was referred from her Father in-law who is a bishop in Madrid.  I called the number and talked to her husband.  They are on vacation until the middle of September.  Her husband is a member but in active.  We are going go to get them back and baptize her!  So we had a really good lesson with Alejandra and her friend Rosita.  Alejandra is 23 or 25 and from Bolivia.  She is gorgeous.  Her friend Rosita is from Guatemala.  We taught them a lesson we didn´t plan on and ended up talking about the Book of Mormon and the correct way with the authority of God to baptize.  I pulled out the Bible and taught them that it´s right here, Matthew 3:11.  There is two authorities you have to have.  John the Baptist only had the Aaronic priesthood that is why Jesus Christ received the Holy Ghost from God.  After that Alejandra asked me ¿Entonces, No estoy baustizado?  "Then, I am not baptized?  I said, The truth NO! That was really good.  She has a boy friend and I believe she lives with him.  Her boyfriend hates religion; so it would be bad if he found out that she was talking to us.  Her friend Rosita is awesome.  She is a little older closer to 40.  She is super interested and wants to progress.  When I pull out scriptures she thinks I am a genius with the scriptures haha.  I just have studied a lot and I love to read now.  I take personal study super serious and I read the Book of Mormon with a student guide!  But they are good I am going to get a picture with them this week so you can see who I am teaching.  We are also teaching a member’s son that isn´t baptized named Adrian.  He is 10 and will get baptized in December.  The mom wants his dad to baptize him which is understandable.  I am guessing that I won’t be here for that or Banburry.  We have a lot of investigators too.  I found an old investigator in the area too named Betty.  We taught her yesterday and it was super good!!  She has a lot of fear of the church.  She is super shy.  But she opened up and talked to us for like 30 minutes about something that happened in her life about the Evangelist church.  She wants to read the Book of Mormon and learn more.  Other than that we have taught the guy that loves to smoke.  Yesterday he had already smoked a whole pack when we went to visit him at like 8:30.  Oh we are teaching an African named Jumpe.  He is sooooo nice.  Last Saturday there was a baptism like 10 minutes away in a city called Jerez and we invited like 20 investigators to go.  We were running on the streets and we saw our last investigator, Jumpe.  We went to him and asked Jumpe ¿Puede asistir un buatismo con nosotros? He looked at us like he was going to say yes and then replied " Seria imposible"  hahaa he said it would be impossible because he has to go do pull ups at the beach.  We got owned by him.  But then he randomly showed up at church yesterday looking fly!  haha we will see where he goes. He told us when we taught him that anything good is true.  He thinks every religion is good.  He is a nice man though. 
I forgot to tell you like I see the Ocean every day of my life and it is depressing!  Not really I don’t even miss it.
I LOVE YOU!  Sorry you guys are losers and alone!  I’ll move into the basement when I get married but I’m not waiting 6 years - sorry papa!
Love,
Code

No comments:

Post a Comment