Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 11, 2011 - Family Email

Carlos, Elder Shaver, and Me
Hey errrrbody,

So this week was crazy and great! A lot happened and I only have a little time to tell you all!

So first off Badajoz was a freaking blast!!!!! Me and Elder Manning worked so hard together and had a lot of fun. Not only did we work hard and have fun I have never taught with the spirit like that before. We taught two gorgeous girls while I was there. One of them liked me a lot. Her name is Irina and she thinks she has seem me before. She kept saying that a lot. We taught her super good with the spirit it was super cool. She hasn't been coming to church and all that and she has a baptismal date but Elder Manning told me that she went to church yesterday!! So good I am glad I got to help with that a little. I had a lot of fun and Elder Manning is a brother to me for life. The one picture is of me in Badajoz; the others the baptism with Carlos.

Badajoz, Spain

So Liliana is going to be baptized this Sunday! A miracle happened. This lady had to leave for vacation for 15 days so Liliana got to come to the baptism of Carlos and come to church this last Sunday. President Clegg told us just to baptize her. So Sunday we get to dunk her into the water. I am so excited and she is the bomb. We have been teaching her for 10 weeks!! So there will be new photos this next p-day of baptisms again!! We are going to plan her baptism in about 30 minutes haha! So we will see who she wants to baptize her. It will be Elder Shaver I bet, he deserves it! I hope I don´t have to give her the Holy Ghost that is super scary! But Liliana is amazing and I love her!

Carlos and Me (He's originally from Brazil)
 The baptism of Carlos was awesome, none of his family showed up though that was kinda sad. But the ward will be his new family. He is a little dramatic sometimes. He is really mad at us today because we didn´t go eat Burger King with him! haha we have stuff we have to do! He doesn´t realize how busy we are! I am sorry I am having a really hard time typing today a lot. I am sorry I am trying my hardest I feel horrible. I am also out of time almost.

Setting up the baptismal font












So we are probably going to have to drop the two boys and the mom. They aren´t progressing at all. The aren´t coming to church and only the boys will read their scriptures. We are pretty positive the mom wants nothing to do with us anymore. We tried everything with them. This last week we didn´t talk to them for like 5 days and the 14 year old called and asked where we were. Its sad the boy want to progress. We are going to have a talk with them tomorrow. Well I love you all!!!!!!!!


Carlos' Baptism


Carlos' Baptism with the ward family

¡OS QUIERO!
Elder Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment